How Would Pitts Fit? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Pitts Fit?

You’re a broken record because you keep saying he’s only a TE which limits his abilities and he definitely isn’t a pure TE.
He is going to be used more like a WR than a TE.

The very obvious comp is Waller in Vegas as Pitts is a near clone of that guy.

I am not sure Pitts makes sense in Miami as they obviously need a quick, early separation type guy to go with the bigger targets they have on board.

Waddle and Smith are much better fits for what Miami needs.

Chase is an outstanding WR prospect but he is not a quick, sudden route runner who is going to get open in the short to intermediate area.He is going to beat people further downfield and he is going to do it with his physicality and strength.And be great after the catch as well.

If I am ranking the 4 of them on fit for Miami I would go Smith, Waddle, Chase and Pitts.

For overall talent I might reverse that list.

So it becomes a question of how much to do value fit over talent, or talent over fit.

I am not saying Chase or Pitts would not be great in Miami, they objectively would.

But Miami would still need to add a short to intermediate area quick guy like Toney or one of the Moore's.

He is going to be used more like a WR than a TE.

The very obvious comp is Waller in Vegas as Pitts is a near clone of that guy.

I am not sure Pitts makes sense in Miami as they obviously need a quick, early separation type guy to go with the bigger targets they have on board.

Waddle and Smith are much better fits for what Miami needs.

Chase is an outstanding WR prospect but he is not a quick, sudden route runner who is going to get open in the short to intermediate area.He is going to beat people further downfield and he is going to do it with his physicality and strength.And be great after the catch as well.

If I am ranking the 4 of them on fit for Miami I would go Smith, Waddle, Chase and Pitts.

For overall talent I might reverse that list.

So it becomes a question of how much to do value fit over talent, or talent over fit.

I am not saying Chase or Pitts would not be great in Miami, they objectively would.

But Miami would still need to add a short to intermediate area quick guy like Toney or one of the Moore's.
Understood. 👌🏻

I have no idea why everyone puts chase to Miami..he’s the least of the four in terms of fit for us, to me!
I agree about fit but he is also the clear #1 WR so that is probably the reason.

And it is not really a "fit" issue with him, he fits ANYWHERE.

The issue is that Miami really needs a quick, short area guy more. Tua is best throwing to guys like that, at least we think so.

But that is not a reason to pass on him if they love him.

Personally, unless we get offered something stupid in a trade back like a 2nd this year plus another pick and a 1st next year plus plus I'm taking Pitts at 3. The mismatches Pitts, Gesicki, Fuller, Parker and our RB is too great to pass up. We could draft another burner 3rd/4th round and I'm getting Edge, RB, OL with our other 3 picks on day 1 and 2.

Personally, unless we get offered something stupid in a trade back like a 2nd this year plus another pick and a 1st next year plus plus I'm taking Pitts at 3. The mismatches Pitts, Gesicki, Fuller, Parker and our RB is too great to pass up. We could draft another burner 3rd/4th round and I'm getting Edge, RB, OL with our other 3 picks on day 1 and 2.
Yessir! Good deal!

FYI: Pitts creates plenty of separation contrary to popular belief! 👍🏻
Especially if he’s going to be matched up with LBs and Safeties.

If you put a corner on him he may not get as much separation, but still probably going to feast with his height and physicality.

FYI: Pitts creates plenty of separation contrary to popular belief! 👍🏻

His ability to plant and adjust direction is crazy for a guy his size

I feel like a broken record at this point but if we sign Pitts who is our blocking TE?
Am I the only person that knows TE need to be great blockers?
Do we just throw Tua to the wolves and then bitch about him being sacked a lot because we have 2 pass catching TE's?
If we draft Pitts, Gesicki has to go.
Hunt in short yardage.

For 3rd down passing situation, more receivers are better than more blockers.

Pitts has had an above average blocking grade every year according to PFF. And as someone who has watched everyone of his games, I would agree that he's above average as a blocker. The key is the kind of block you're asking him to make. It's not reasonable to ask him to take a DE on single handedly. I wouldn't ask Kelce to do that either. But chipping on the line and getting to the second level on a LB or DB, yeah he's better than most. And probably more importantly, he works at it. He clearly improved from his previous season and he's only 20 years old. IMO anybody claiming he can't block is not looking at film.

I have no idea why everyone puts chase to Miami..he’s the least of the four in terms of fit for us, to me!
I just read somewhere that "Miami loves Chase"(sorry i forget where it was).

So maybe they do love him, or it is misdirection coming from the team.

Flores does not seem to be the guy who is telling media people who he wants. ;)

As for Chase himself, he may seem to be less of a fit than others because we are fixating on the notion that Tua needs guys who get great separation to be successful.

Now it is true that as an unseasoned rookie he struggled to "throw guys open" but that does not mean he will never develop the confidence to do so.

And Chase is the #1 WR in this Draft for a reason.

I would be happy if the Fins added any of the top 3 WR or Pitts as I think they all would impact the team, but make no mistake Chase is going to be a stud.

Back
Top Bottom