How would Vernon fare at LT? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would Vernon fare at LT?

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
With the arrival of Stockar McDougle at RT, there has been great speculation that Vernon Carey will make the switch to left tackle. Even Saban has said in an interview that he feels that Vernon is the player he feels can contribute the most to this line and said that he could be "dominating" some day (and this was after we had signed McDougle). It would be a waste of a pick not letting Vernon have a chance to win a starting spot and i feel that he will make the move to LT (forgive me if it has already been noted that he will definitely be making the switch). My question is how do you think he would fare? do you think he could beat out Mcintosh?

If he does move to LT and becomes effective for us then we would have that stud LT we have been looking for for a long time, and IMO would be a lot closer to a SB championship.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask who you think we will have playing at RG for us next season?

He will be given a shot at LT, but I think when it is all said and done, McIntosh will be the LT and Carey will be the starting RG.

Carey is a better G than he is a T anyway. i think Saban knows this that is why he brought in a RT so he could play Carey at RG, which he is better suited for.

yes I agrue with godfater I hope they move carey to guard he doesn't have the movement to play tackle.

yea i think that Carey will play RG, i think most of our line is already done with maybe C being the only position we could possibly upgrade so here is the 2005 finz starting '05 O-Line
LT-Mac
LG-James
C-Seth/Rookie
RG-Carey
RT-McD

Carey will do fine at LT. I think some of you have it confused though; hes not a guard. His worst season at UM was at guard.

Our OL next year should be:
LT: Carey (If he plays develops as a LT)/ Mac
LG: Jeno
C: McKinney/Draft pick
RG: Hadnot (Like it or not anyone who saw him play last year knows he deserves to start)
RT: McDougle

im pretty sure hadnot or st clair can move over to C right?

Let's wait and see what happens, he certainly has a chance, and we will finally have a real system in place......

new bob said:
im pretty sure hadnot or st clair can move over to C right?
I dont think St Clair wants to move but he played C in college and with st louis. Hadnot i like more @ guard but that'd work as well.

I dont think McDougle is guaranteed to win the RT spot. St Clair has a chance to hold onto it imo

Lets look at what we have currently for O-Lineman:

Damion McIntosh - IMO will win the LT job

Jeno James - Will remain the starting LG

Seth McKinney - Will compete with Hadnot and possibly St. Clair for the starting Center spot. I believe he loses and will be a backup

Vernon Carey - Will compete for LT job but I see him as the starting RG

Strockar McDougle - Will compete for RT spot and I think he will nudge out St. Clair and win the starting job

Rex Hadnot - Will compete for Center job and possibly a guard position. Most likely a backup/rotation player this year.

John St. Clair - Will have shot at RT, LT and center. I really see him as the new center.

Damion Cook - Will be the main interior backup(Center and guard positions)

Wade Smith - I believe he will be cut during TC

Greg Jerman - Will probably be cut but has a shot at the 9th and final Lineman spot

Taylor Whitley - Will compete with Smith and Jerman for last roster spot. I think he might make the roster if no other Lineman are signed or drafted.

Jamil Soriano - Just a Training camp body

Victor Leyva - Just a Training camp body

Tony Pape - Back to the Practice Squad this year

Eric Wilson - Just a Training camp body

Rodney Reed - Just a Training camp body

Jason Thomas - Just a Training camp body

Back
Top Bottom