How would you feel if Houck installed a cut block scheme? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you feel if Houck installed a cut block scheme?

Megatron

The POFO bully.
Reaction score
We've seen teams with questionable O-lines use cut blocks to even the playing field. How would you feel if the Dolphins started doing it. I personally think cut blocks are the most underhanded plays in football. Thoughts?

i wouldnt like it, i doubt we need it anyway, many of our lineman are above 320 and dont need to cut blick with their size, i hate cut blocks too, i never use them, if you cant push that man out of the way or keep him away from the qb, hes the better player and you shouldnt use a cheap movie to chance injuring another player.

Alien said:
i wouldnt like it, i doubt we need it anyway, many of our lineman are above 320 and dont need to cut blick with their size, i hate cut blocks too, i never use them, if you cant push that man out of the way or keep him away from the qb, hes the better player and you shouldnt use a cheap movie to chance injuring another player.
But it has been effective. Atlanta and the Broncos have had success with it. Do we want a winner so bad that we would accept it??

no, i would not accept it even for a win, i know its football and injuries can happen easily but theres no need to increase the chance with cut blocks that hurt the knees, legs are harder to repair than your arms or chest and tearing of the knees could impair a person for life, i see no honor in cutblocking, its a cheap method that although it breeds success, it can ruin some player's careers.

Alien said:
no, i would not accept it even for a win, i know its football and injuries can happen easily but theres no need to increase the chance with cut blocks that hurt the knees, legs are harder to repair than your arms or chest and tearing of the knees could impair a person for life, i see no honor in cutblocking, its a cheap method that although it breeds success, it can ruin some player's careers.
I agree 100%. But some people on here are willing to accept anything for a win. I just want to see what people would accept it.

I sure wouldn't like it. I wouldn't want to be looked down upon in the same light as the broncos.

Buuuuuttt...I sure do want to win. And after last year, I'm almost at the point of whatever it takes.

But I would NOT want to become a chop-blocking team. It's just dirty.

Yeah, as much as it would suck to be labeled a "dirty" team, if we can run the ball like the broncos do with ANY player, then go for it. If it's deemed illegal, then no.

Megatron said:
Because it's cheap and risks hurting players.

Why hasn't the NFL made it illegal then? They made the horse collar tackle illegal.

only for opening week. just to show shanahan and crew how dirty that sh1t is. then from weeks 2-17 play clean :)

Back
Top Bottom