How would you feel if you had to wait a year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you feel if you had to wait a year?

thephinger

Scout Team
Reaction score
What if you were told this year we would have a coach fill in until Bill Cowher joins us next year. How would you feel about that?

As a ticket holder I would feel weird knowing that the next year we would get cowher which would be 4 coaches in 5 years if that were the case. After being the franchise known for continuity with Shula and Marino for all those years, lately this has been a turnstile for QB's and Coaches.
I guess what im trying to say is if the Jets and Saints can turn it around with young and energetic coaches then we should try the same. There is no guarantee if we wait for Cowher that he will turn it around or even stick around here for more than 2 years!!

Your thoughts,
Thanks

Thephinger

What the heck. we are more then a year away for competing in a playoff spot any way. So what the heck.

I don't think I could take it, a big part of any (my) fan's enjoyment of this game, considering 31 teams don't win the SB each year, is the watching of progress and enjoying discussing the future of our team. I don't think I could take not being able to feel like progress was being made, that we were in limbo for at least a year! Please NO!

What the heck. we are more then a year away for competing in a playoff spot any way. So what the heck.

If the team is so lost that it thinks a year without a coach is a good idea, we're a hell of a lot farther away from the playoffs than one year. It would likely take an owner with a lick of sense buying the team as a first step.

Wayne frustrates me with his coaching moves, but he's not this dumb if you ask me.

Cowher isn't worth waiting for. We've been waiting since they ran Don & Dan out of town. Time to get the right guy now!

cowher isint going to be our coach i am almost 98% sure i was watching the baily show on miami dolphins.com and every time a fan called and said they wanted cowher joe baily and cefalo had a face like this guy is and idiot and is wasting our time some guy called and said he was the oficial president of the
bring cowher as head coach bandwagon and they just wanted to kill the guy but they laugth and hang up.

There are no guarantees he'd coach us anyway. No sense in waiting for anything. Besides, we're playoff bound next year :tongue:

What if you were told this year we would have a coach fill in until Bill Cowher joins us next year. How would you feel about that?

As a ticket holder I would feel weird knowing that the next year we would get cowher which would be 4 coaches in 5 years if that were the case. After being the franchise known for continuity with Shula and Marino for all those years, lately this has been a turnstile for QB's and Coaches.
I guess what im trying to say is if the Jets and Saints can turn it around with young and energetic coaches then we should try the same. There is no guarantee if we wait for Cowher that he will turn it around or even stick around here for more than 2 years!!

Your thoughts,
Thanks

Thephinger

Structure a deal with a young energetic coach that allows you an out if he flops after a year, then you can still pursue Cowher next year.

Wayne said, "no matter what it costs"....................

It's not like Cowher = an automatic playoff birth. It didn't this year with the defending superbowl champions. I don't want to hire a guy who has had his heart (and will always have it) in another city/franchise for 15 years. I want a guy who will become the new face of our franchise.

No way would I accept this. Cowher just retired, which means his mind isn't on football. If we lure him back, he could easily do the same after a year or two and retire on us.

Back
Top Bottom