How would you feel? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you feel?

There seem to be 2 camps here. Those that think Feeley stinks and those who think he has potential. Honestly , I don't know. I don't believe any QB could have succeeded in this offense last year. There was so much instability in every respect that it is impossible to judge Feeley.
Having said that; I believe Feeley should be the starter so that we can see if he is the future (for the next few years at least). I also believe we should draft a young QB on day 1. If we get stuck at 2 I think the value pick would be Smith or Rodgers for the simple reason that if you want to trade that player away you will always get more value for a QB.

If Saban does not pick a QB I would be surprised. It also could mean a few things.

1. He isnt comfortable with any of the QBs this year.

2. He thinks next year will be a better crop.

3. He thinks AJ/Gus can pull it off for a few years.

AJ/Guss can pull it off at least this year. That's all that matters. This is a what have you done for me latley league. The days of drafting a guy and sitting him are long long gone. Because by the time he is ready, you are out of a job! lol

Here today, gone today!

MikeO said:
AJ/Guss can pull it off at least this year. That's all that matters. This is a what have you done for me latley league. The days of drafting a guy and sitting him are long long gone. Because by the time he is ready, you are out of a job! lol

Here today, gone today!

Well if he skips out of this draft without a QB then Saban needs them to do it for 2 years cause when he drafts a QB next, he needs them to play another year while the rookie QB rides the pine. No way I see Saban starting a rookie QB his first year out.

MikeO said:
The days of drafting a guy and sitting him are long long gone.

This is completely wrong and if a GM hold's this opinion they will never manage a champion team or winning franchise.

Ive got news for ya people, Sage Rosenfels could be our #3, Alex Smith our #2 ( #3 in the very beginning), and Gus the starter, while Feeley gets put out to the street, after spielman is gone. Did any of you see feeley and the press? Dude did not look at all enthused or confident. He knows that Saban is thinking Alex in this draft.

The only thing that would shock me is if Saban thinks we already have a playoff or championship caliber QB. His timetable for acquiring one is another matter entirely. I hope he's not like Speilman, and avoids targeting the position regardless of availability or cost.

I think it would be extremely difficult to pass on Alex Smith. Passing on him would surprise me much more than not drafting a QB at all.

Back
Top Bottom