How would you....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How would you.......

Terror

Owner of the TerrorShop
Reaction score
How would you incorporate Lamar Gordon and Travis Minor into this offense if lets say Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams will be sharing snaps on the field? Would you just use them sparingly as change of pace backs, or just to give breathers? Which would not be very often. Just want to know your opinions. Thanks.

well gordon wouldn't be much of a change of pace, haha... but i think before ricky comes back gordon will be good for keeping ronnie fresh and spelling him at times... but i do feel once ricky is back hes not gonna see the field much... just too many other weapons to incorporate him, unless ricky is too inconsistant...

I would say just for breathers, but remember that Ricky has to serve a 4 game suspension when he comes back.

Gordon is useless if ricky is back though I would keep him in case Ricky doesn't actually show. Minor can be a 3rd down back/receiver out of the backfield which is what he was always supposed to be.

i would say minor is going to be the odd man out. with ricky ronnie and gordon i think that kay jay harris will do enough to beat out minor

I think one of the best ways to utilize Gordon in Linehan's offense is to pass the ball to him. Next to Ronnie, he has the best set of hands out of all our backs...you must use that as a weapon. Confuse defenses a bit and line him up in the slot and have Ronnie/Ricky in the backfield.

I agree with Minor getting cut. He doesn't have the size that all are other backs have. In this day and age you need good size and speed. Yes there are the Warrick Dunn's, but let's be honest Minor doesn't have the same elusiveness as him.

I'm not sure RW will be ahead of Gordon. Sure the RW of two years ago was, but it isn't two years ago. Assuming RW doesn't quit again before the 4 game suspension is over (and doesn't test positive again), then we'll see whether his burst and instincts are still there.

HugeFinFan said:
I agree with Minor getting cut. He doesn't have the size that all are other backs have. In this day and age you need good size and speed. Yes there are the Warrick Dunn's, but let's be honest Minor doesn't have the same elusiveness as him.

I'm with you on that one too. 100%.

ricky will beat out gordon come on guys. ricky took off a year his body got a much needed rest ricky will beef up maybe 220 and will be a top three back. mike williams took a year off but pepole expect him to contribute right away ricky cant

TouchDown said:
I cut Travis Minor.
:yes:
u guys r forgetting about Kay-Jay, can u imagine Ronnie starts, Ricky, Gordon, and Kay-Jay as backups,... WOW

u guys r forgetting about Kay-Jay, can u imagine Ronnie starts, Ricky, Gordon, and Kay-Jay as backups,... WOW
That would be killer. Late in the game when Ronnie,Ricky and the opposing teams D is tired. Just bring in Kay-Jay and he'll keep sticking the ball down there throats by those nasty runs up the middle!

miabrown23 said:
ricky will beat out gordon come on guys. ricky took off a year his body got a much needed rest ricky will beef up maybe 220 and will be a top three back. mike williams took a year off but pepole expect him to contribute right away ricky cant

Well put, there is no way that Gordon is more talented than Rickey.

Back
Top Bottom