How you beat NE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How you beat NE

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
The teams that beat NE are the teams that have BIG physical WR's.

After one game last week everyone has written Pittsburgh off because of how they won and how NE won. Match-up wise, Pittsburgh is BUILT to beat NE. Even in the cold and bad weather. As long as there aren't 20 mph-30mph winds preventing a passing game, Pittsburgh is the blue-print of how you beat New England. And the fact NE is thin in the secondary doesn't help either.

Indy's WR's are fast and route runners. Pitt's WR's are big, physical, and will push NE's secondary around.

Even when Miami beat NE, how did they do it.....big game from Booker, Thompson, and Chambers! The teams that play NE close and beat them all have big days from their WR's who usually are big and physical.

MikeO said:

After one game last week everyone has written Pittsburgh off because of how they won and how NE won. Match-up wise, Pittsburgh is BUILT to beat NE. Even in the cold and bad weather. As long as there aren't 20 mph-30mph winds preventing a passing game, Pittsburgh is the blue-print of how you beat New England. And the fact NE is thin in the secondary doesn't help either.

Indy's WR's are fast and route runners. Pitt's WR's are big, physical, and will push NE's secondary around.

Even when Miami beat NE, how did they do it.....big game from Booker, Thompson, and Chambers! The teams that play NE close and beat them all have big days from their WR's who usually are big and physical.

very interesting, that could explain why the pats looked so inept against Pittsburgh in the reg season. i hope we have similar game this sunday

GO STEELERS!!!!

MikeO said:

I disagree. The other common theme in those 2 losses is Brady turning the ball over 3+ times. Will he do it again? I don't know.

you have to exploit their secoundary even though they held up good that is still their weakness

tylaw4president said:
I disagree. The other common theme in those 2 losses is Brady turning the ball over 3+ times. Will he do it again? I don't know.

yeah, everytime Brady throws a lot of picks, the pats lose, the steelers must get into Brady´s head

Agua said:
Pitt's got a good shot.

They have a great shot.

1. I think the weather will work for the Steelers.

2. They can press NE's holding, offensive line.

3. The Falcons/Eagles game will be a lot like the Steelers game. The Eagles are putting 8 players in the box and are making Vick beat them with his arm. I think the Steelers will be ready.

4. NE hasn't been hit in the mouth in the playoffs. Too many teams are scared and play not to lose. I think the pressure will be on NE. The Steelers will hit them in the mouth. If Ben can thow a little and open up the run game I think the Steelers will win. I think the Steelers will play loose.

5. If the game gets tough for NE late in the third or fourth quarter, NE will find out Dillon was a mistake when he lays down. He's a quitter. Sure he's a Superman right now. Show me any player that went to a SB contender that would not put out 110%. He aint nothing special. After the game he'll try to sign with the Steelers.

6. I hope I'm right. I hope at least the game is called fairly without the refs playing a part and I hope the Steelers play a complete, mistake free game. For once I want to see a team not give NE the win.

The way to beat NE Is with power running, play action, and defense. When you pound the ball, New England's Defense becomes tired. Time of possesion than factors into the game, and when you don't give them a chance to put points on the board, and don't turn the ball over you win the game.

You do it like Miami did. You sack brady early and keep the pressure on with the front 4. You make a play or 2 on special teams, You make N.E. pay for their mistakes. You do not turn the ball over and give them a short field. Then you get just a little lucky. After all of that you might win by a point or two.

Greatscott127 said:
You do it like Miami did. You sack brady early and keep the pressure on with the front 4. You make a play or 2 on special teams, You make N.E. pay for their mistakes. You do not turn the ball over and give them a short field. Then you get just a little lucky. After all of that you might win by a point or two.
29-28 is about right! ;)

I don't think Pittsburgh can win. I predict a blowout and another NE Super Bowl win. Put it in writing and take it to the bank!

Phin19 said:
yeah, everytime Brady throws a lot of picks, the pats lose, the steelers must get into Brady´s head

Nice theory...although I doubt that strategy works for just the Pats.

I think anytime ANYONE throws lots of picks, there teams gonna lose. :)

Back
Top Bottom