Howard expected to Demand Contract be Renegotiated | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard expected to Demand Contract be Renegotiated

Y'all saying he needs to be paid fairly is comical. First, $75 mil is fair for any damn job ever. Second, he signed that deal in good faith. If he sits a game or two it's not as if he's rushing to give that money back to the organization. In fact, I can never recall a time a player underperformed and asked the team if they could take some of the money back.

I'm all for paying X a little more, but that should have to incorporate an additional year. That should keep Jones and X together through Tua's rookie contract or even the first year of the second contract where they can still play with the numbers in year 1.

No team is going to offer (2) 1st rd picks AND pay X a **** load of money more then he is making already. That is stupidity in a nut shell.

They won't even get (1) 1st rd pick. It would be a deal similar to Minkah Fitzpatrick at best, but considering Minkah is young and the best defensive player in the NFL, I would expect a 2nd and 5th for Howard if they went the trade route. Not worth it.

They are best to keep him and bonus him up or throw some more guaranteed money at him to make him want to stay 100%.

Let him walk if he wants to pull that crap. He signed his current deal then got injured. This may be his forst full season on this deal. And he's got what... 3 or 4 years left?

He needs to prove it isn't a one off fluke.

You signed a contract. You play through it. If he doesn’t wanna play then he can just sit out and not get paid.

So far all we have is Armando stating that Howard will possibly demand a new contract after this season. Until I hear it from Howard or his agent, I will just enjoy the fact he is playing for the Dolphins and not attack him for something which may or may not be true.

No team is going to offer (2) 1st rd picks AND pay X a **** load of money more then he is making already. That is stupidity in a nut shell.

They won't even get (1) 1st rd pick. It would be a deal similar to Minkah Fitzpatrick at best, but considering Minkah is young and the best defensive player in the NFL, I would expect a 2nd and 5th for Howard if they went the trade route. Not worth it.

They are best to keep him and bonus him up or throw some more guaranteed money at him to make him want to stay 100%.

U know he is only 27 right?

Let him walk if he wants to pull that crap. He signed his current deal then got injured. This may be his forst full season on this deal. And he's got what... 3 or 4 years left?

He needs to prove it isn't a one off fluke.

He has lead the league in INTs 2 of the last 3 years. He had already proved he's a beast lol

I wouldn’t pay him more. He’s had an injury history. He is under contract and he’s paid well. He’s got no leverage.

He has lead the league in INTs 2 of the last 3 years. He had already proved he's a beast lol
He's got 3 years left on his contract. He may be a beast.. but he signed a contact. Received all of his guaranteed money already. He's already being paid a top 6 salary. The fact is, the moment a player signs a contract it's going to be outdated in a year. Like his was.

If he wants to renegotiate in a year or two (more like two)... he can walk.

Yeah he is dumb if he thinks he is gonna get his contract renegotiated with the salary cap getting lowered or staying flat.. even if he gets traded or released I find it hard to believe any team is gonna pay him a ton more then we are already paying him.
Amen. This is an outright stupid post. The contract extension he just signed made him the highest paid CB

Howard is having a fantastic year and if he wins Defensive the player of the year then a team will throw the kitchen sink at them. You never know what teams are willing to pay. Remember Tunsil trade.

He's under contract for the next three years. He'll have to demand a trade I think. The ONLY way I see them renegotiating his contact is simply to convert some of the money from year 3 or 4 is to a signing bonus now with an extension.

He's 27-28? Remember a long term contract also takes him into his early 30's. I doubt he ever sees the end of that deal. Moving money up as a bonus might do it. Reward him now sort of thing. But we've thrown money around before and have been burned. I like the players still thirsty for success.

Big contracts sound sexy but players rarely see the end of the deal.

If players want a raise every time they have a good year then they should follow the Kirk Cousins' model. One year deals with a decent signing bonus based on performance. Once Cousins signed his long term deal he's sucked. Agents want big numbers because it drives value for the players up. Hence the terms are getting longer and longer.

He has every right to ask. I just don't think we'll make a crazy move with where we are in the rebuild. Personally, I can see us taking a more pragmatic approach. Like how New England treated their players.... We'll see...

excuse me?

Isn't he one of the highest paid db's already? How much more does he want? Trade his *** for 2 1sts and 2 2nd round picks. Does anyone know where Bill O'Brian is?

Jk. Pay him.
Apparently his deal made him highest paid, now he’s 6th highest paid.

Back
Top Bottom