Howard to have MRI | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard to have MRI

sure hope the knee eventually stabilizes... constant scoping takes a toll.

Its called a tank job. Injury card will be played to shut him down the rest of the season.
They can't sit a player out for the season and claim he's injured unless he really is. X could go to the NFLPA and say he's healthy and should be playing. The Dolphins would have a real mess on their hands if that happened. Only need to look at the Jets to see how bad they handled Osemele and the consequences they're facing for it.

They can't sit a player out for the season and claim he's injured unless he really is. X could go to the NFLPA and say he's healthy and should be playing. The Dolphins would have a real mess on their hands if that happened. Only need to look at the Jets to see how bad they handled Osemele and the consequences they're facing for it.

There are work arounds with this. Im sure Howard wouldnt mind not risking himself this season.

He does get hurt a bunch.

Even before he was hurt, announcers tonight were making good points. True number 1's change sides to guard the other teams number one option. Xavien doesn't. It's a waste of all the money we gave him if he is guarding a rookie while JuJu is going off for 100 and a touchdown against a rookie corner.
Absolutely right!!!!!

There are work arounds with this. Im sure Howard wouldnt mind not risking himself this season.
After everything we're going through the penalties and backlash isn't worth the risk. Listen to sports talk radio this morning and read the papers that are claiming the Dolphins purposely called that 3d and 20 zero cover blitz and let the Steelers score. That's a pretty ridiculous thought.

After everything we're going through the penalties and backlash isn't worth the risk. Listen to sports talk radio this morning and read the papers that are claiming the Dolphins purposely called that 3d and 20 zero cover blitz and let the Steelers score. That's a pretty ridiculous thought.

Is it, though? Have you ever seen a third and 20 8-man blitz when the team is up 2 scores? I certainly haven’t. I think this is exhibit B that the coaching staff is in on the tank as well, with that wtf playcall on the 2 point conversion against Washington being exhibit B.

The alternative being that these were good-faith efforts to win a game, which would mean we have a pretty terrible coaching staff.

Is it, though? Have you ever seen a third and 20 8-man blitz when the team is up 2 scores? I certainly haven’t. I think this is exhibit B that the coaching staff is in on the tank as well, with that wtf playcall on the 2 point conversion against Washington being exhibit B.

The alternative being that these were good-faith efforts to win a game, which would mean we have a pretty terrible coaching staff.
I don't see the staff getting the effort out of this team they're getting if they're obviously tanking. I think its a blown assignment on someone not dropping back into the middle and/or a seriously bad design and call. If we start seeing more of this stuff against the Jets and Bengals then I'd be questioning it.

Howard has had knee problems throughout his career. Whether you want to tank or not, we have very little left to play for this year.

Howard is one of the precious few building blocks on this roster- he will be important to our future regardless of whether or not we get Tua. He should be resting that knee for future seasons and not putting it under strain in a vain attempt to save what is already a lost season.

So they got rid of the young healthy building blocks and kept the one that is injury prone?

Back
Top Bottom