Howard to IR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard to IR

Missed a quarter of his career over the first 3 years, what's another half a season? LMAO at the dude on here who said his injury history wasn't a concern and tried to compare him to Gilmore....SMDH!

Seems like a mercy move for him. "Look buddy, we want you around when we turn this around and we know this year sucks - go to Tahiti for awhile and come back ready to ball."

This is total B.S.!

A clear sign Miami has surrendered any chance of winning the Super Bowl this year.

They haven't been eliminated from the playoffs yet.
Absolutely right.............9-7 could have still got us the wildcard!!!!!!!!

Xavien will be 27 next year, meaning another 5-6 good years left. Plus, hes injured a lot and did good but not great against top WRs

Yes, id take a first round pick for him.

The Talib trade only makes sense to me if he’s in our plans for next year as well w both X and him. If this move was made to replace X loss for this year I don’t get it. What does everyone think?

The Talib trade only makes sense to me if he’s in our plans for next year as well w both X and him. If this move was made to replace X loss for this year I don’t get it. What does everyone think?
In essence, they’re just paying to swap their 7th round pick for a 5th rounder. They have plenty of money, so why not? Talib is incidental to the deal.

You really don't get this move? Salary dump by the Rams so we can get their 5th in 2020 for our 7th in 2022

You really don't get this move? Salary dump by the Rams so we can get their 5th in 2020 for our 7th in 2022
Yeah I got it. I got excited for a moment not realizing that it was a salary dump and that X went to IR and that Talib is on IR + has 0 years on his contact. I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t mind seeing him on the team next year. Still a good player but doubt that’s in the cards.

Talib, even at his current age, would be the best CB to pair with Howard that we've ever had. Time will tell if that's in the cards. Talib may not care that much about playing for a top team. He's had all of that type of success one player could ask for. One more payday might be what he's looking for. Meanwhile, we have an additional 5th rounder in our pocket. We only gave up money and we got a 5 for the upcoming draft plus a shot at signing Talib who can still play. Some of you guys act like it's your money. You're like, damn there goes our summer vacation in Acapulco! Now we can't lease that Lexus!!

Ross can afford any amount of money needed. He's trying to be a good owner and he's trying to win but he's made such far reaching awful decisions and stuck with them for too long. Tannenbaum, Philbin and Gase have set us back 10 years imo and are the principle reason we are now forced to tank to try to regain respectability quickly. We are forced to try and flip the script in a big way. I hope we can. It's trickier than I first thought and there's lots of moving parts. We have to get our franchise QB and then build around him with deep assets that we have. Adding this pick is just one more card we get to play in an effort to make great picks.

Talib, even at his current age, would be the best CB to pair with Howard that we've ever had. Time will tell if that's in the cards. Talib may not care that much about playing for a top team. He's had all of that type of success one player could ask for. One more payday might be what he's looking for. Meanwhile, we have an additional 5th rounder in our pocket. We only gave up money and we got a 5 for the upcoming draft plus a shot at signing Talib who can still play. Some of you guys act like it's your money. You're like, damn there goes our summer vacation in Acapulco! Now we can't lease that Lexus!!

Ross can afford any amount of money needed. He's trying to be a good owner and he's trying to win but he's made such far reaching awful decisions and stuck with them for too long. Tannenbaum, Philbin and Gase have set us back 10 years imo and are the principle reason we are now forced to tank to try to regain respectability quickly. We are forced to try and flip the script in a big way. I hope we can. It's trickier than I first thought and there's lots of moving parts. We have to get our franchise QB and then build around him with deep assets that we have. Adding this pick is just one more card we get to play in an effort to make great picks.
Pretty good anaylysis..........up to a point.
Real football people know that you don't "tank"!
NEVER

Definatly the right decision

Back
Top Bottom