Howard vs. Gordon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard vs. Gordon

Gordon is easily the better player and $3M more per I’d def rather him.

Doesn’t meant I don’t like Howard, but u can’t say he’s the better back of the two.

Why is Gordon a diva? Because he held out to get as much money as possible before an NFL team throws him away like garbage? Stop comparing your regular lives and jobs to the NFL if it was socially acceptable I'm sure some of you would hold out for more money if you could.

Gordon is the better back imo.I will say there is definitely some yellow flags up considering they brought Ekelar back and not him.

Howard was a top five blocking RB in 2018. I don't know what happened last year, maybe he was never really healthy at all.

If he returns to form as one of the best blocking backs in the NFL he will have earned his money right there.

Nobody should be thinking that Howard will be our lead ball carrier. That guy will be drafted and I'm really hoping it's Jonathan Taylor. It isn't often, and perhaps even a rarity that you have the #3 RB in breaking tackles coupled with the fastest RB in the draft. Let's get him!

A fully healthy Howard buying into being a role player on this offense could be way more valuable than most realize.

Gordon is a bell cow, and not that great of one....imo

Apples and Oranges

Why is Gordon a diva? Because he held out to get as much money as possible before an NFL team throws him away like garbage? Stop comparing your regular lives and jobs to the NFL if it was socially acceptable I'm sure some of you would hold out for more money if you could.

Actually, you can. This is called a strike, and you can do this when your contract has lapsed... unlike Gordon's. He held out while he was still under contract... making him untrustworthy.

He ended up costing himself a bunch of money... Good.

Gordon is definitely more talented IMO. I'm not really a huge fan of Howard, but I'm down with him if we draft another RB.

Talent is a matter of perception and reputation. Look at Gordon's stats and they really aren't that great. And it's not just a one year thing, it's throughout his career.

Gordon's reputation comes entirely from him being a first round pick who produced enough to not be labeled an obvious bust. Most NFL rosters have several guys who could produce the same given the same number of carries.

With all that said, I wouldn't have hated picking up Gordon if you get him cheaply and get him separate from his mistaken belief in his own importance. I actually would have rather gambled on Gurley, who clearly can't be a feature back anymore, but who could fit in nicely in a rotation, which I'm completely ok with. It's great to get feature level talent that doesn't need to be managed like a feature level guy since his body clearly can't handle being a bell cow, so it's out of the question.

Howard was a top five blocking RB in 2018. I don't know what happened last year, maybe he was never really healthy at all.

I wasn't aware of Howard as a blocker, but he and much of the Eagles were hurt last year. That offense was in horrible disarray all around.

I'll always take the cheaper running back. I would rather just have running backs on rookie contracts and not drafted in the first round.

I'm guessing Gordon asked for more money and then settled for Denver offer after other teams told him no.

Actually, you can. This is called a strike, and you can do this when your contract has lapsed... unlike Gordon's. He held out while he was still under contract... making him untrustworthy.

He ended up costing himself a bunch of money... Good.

People only go on strike when their contract lapses? I am 100% positive this is not true.

I don't think you can compare the two. Defenses never geared up to stop any Chicago QB in the last 100 years. I guarantee you defenses geared up to stop Phillip Rivers and the passing attack. Gordon was an afterthought.

Howard has the 3rd most yards in NFL since 2016.
He sucks!
Why would Flo want him on this team?
He is so meh!

People only go on strike when their contract lapses? I am 100% positive this is not true.
Then you'd be 100% wrong. I sat on a negotiating team for years. Any serious contract has a no-wildcat clause in it.
Labor unions strike upon the lapse of a contract... otherwise they are breaking their current contract and can be sued.

Then you'd be 100% wrong. I sat on a negotiating team for years. Any serious contract has a no-wildcat clause in it.
Labor unions strike upon the lapse of a contract... otherwise they are breaking their current contract and can be sued.

The fact that when I was a student in High School and all the teachers went on strike in the middle of the school year kinda says otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom