Howard vs. Gordon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard vs. Gordon

EROCK528

Active Roster
Reaction score
Who would you prefer: Howard for 2year at $10 million or Gordon for 2 years at $16 million....keeping in mind Gordon got $13.5 guaranteed.

Howard...

Gordon did less last season with a better o-line than we had.

Gordon likely wanted to be a feature back and this offense doesn’t seem to really highlight a single back. Howard serves a role and is good at that role. Laird is a good receiving back and one more in the draft should round out the RB core.

I think the ideas is that 3 guys will make what a guy like Zeke makes and will full more roles giving the coordinator more flexibility with play calling, and prevents guys crying to the media when they don’t get the ball more. Know your role play your role and win games.

Gordon likely wanted to be a feature back and this offense doesn’t seem to really highlight a single back. Howard serves a role and is good at that role. Laird is a good receiving back and one more in the draft should round out the RB core.

I think the ideas is that 3 guys will make what a guy like Zeke makes and will full more roles giving the coordinator more flexibility with play calling, and prevents guys crying to the media when they don’t get the ball more. Know your role play your role and win games.

This. You hit the nail on the head.

I like RBs and WRs, I just prefer to not pay them. The Dolphins have had no problem finding either the last decade.

OL, TE are where you invest. They don’t fall of trees like RBs and WRs, who you can find serviceable guys on the street during the season.

If you are going to invest them, it’s all about timing. You better have your team set at virtually all other positions before you start finalizing your build with those 2 skill positions.

Gordon is definitely more talented IMO. I'm not really a huge fan of Howard, but I'm down with him if we draft another RB.

Agree with that too. My best friend is a Bears fan and I live in Eagles country, I never thought he was special. In conjunction with a more athletic RB he could be part of a good tandem.

I think Grier liked Gordon at a certain price and moved on quickly to Howard when it was higher than the team was willing to pay.

As a GM, I think you lose opportunities if you sit and wait for a player

But to answer the OP, I think Gordon is the better player.

Laird is not a part of any successful team.

Laird is not a part of any successful team.

Laird is far from special, but Patty hustle provides what you want a 3rd down back to deliver. To say he isn't part of any successful team is a bit short sighted

Howard... give me the pounder, non-diva. The last thing we need is a hold out queen on the team.

We will be going with a committee anyway...

I'm actually surprised we havent moved on from Ballage. Maybe they want to see him with a better OL

Back
Top Bottom