Howard's cryptic tweet | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Howard's cryptic tweet

What I’m talking about is after this season his contract isn’t guaranteed. You know that right??? As fans I know that it sucks but you’re looking at it from the team perspective and not the player. He’s not the first and won’t be the last so I understand his point of view. When it’s all said and done teams can do whatever they want for example Bobby McCain was released from his contract earlier t this year he was supposed make 7 million this year but Miami decided to go a different direction so he lands in Washington with a salary of 1.4 million which is a huge pay cut. So I understand his position and you can’t convince me he will get more money being closer to age 30 then he can get now.

"What I’m talking about is after this season his contract isn’t guaranteed. You know that right???"

^^You could of STOPPED right there. Whose fault is that? Who signed that contract?

"What I’m talking about is after this season his contract isn’t guaranteed. You know that right???"

^^You could of STOPPED right there. Whose fault is that? Who signed that contract?
Yeah we can stop because you are only looking at it from a team perspective. When it’s all said and done you want that player to buy in and when Howard does report to camp he will play but he will won’t be fully committed so the team has to pick their poison.

Yeah we can stop because you are only looking at it from a team perspective. When it’s all said and done you want that player to buy in and when Howard does report to camp he will play but he will won’t be fully committed so the team has to pick their poison.

Sooooooo….it’s the Dolphins fault? Did he buy in when he took all the money upfront?

So what happens to players not fully committed in the NFL. One they get injured, something he’s had a problem with being committed. Two putting bad tape out there to the other 31 gm’s not a great look to break the bank on. Three you get cut because no one wants to trade for you. Four go back to two. So if he wants to be a child, it’s going to hurt him more than the phins.

Sooooooo….it’s the Dolphins fault? Did he buy in when he took all the money upfront?
Yes he did but I don’t see the point you are trying to make. All I’m saying there is no such thing as a contract in the NFL, if a team wants to get rid of you they can if they wanted.
So what happens to players not fully committed in the NFL. One they get injured, something he’s had a problem with being committed. Two putting bad tape out there to the other 31 gm’s not a great look to break the bank on. Three you get cut because no one wants to trade for you. Four go back to two. So if he wants to be a child, it’s going to hurt him more than the phins
nothing because that team will know what the root of the issue is! He wants a new contract and of story. All I’m saying are possible outcomes that can happen if he returns to camp without a deal.

Yes he did but I don’t see the point you are trying to make. All I’m saying there is no such thing as a contract in the NFL, if a team wants to get rid of you they can if they wanted.
By fulfilling the contract. They can't 'hold out' and make the player take a pay cut or cut them. Yes, they can trade him, but that takes a willing partner and a player willing to take the new team's offer. Hardly a one-sided deal. I think most here are more annoyed at the strategy and, apparently, from the size of the demand.

Back
Top Bottom