hudson houck would be AMAZING if he could... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hudson houck would be AMAZING if he could...

finsgonewild

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
make our line great!!! I have never seen an offensive line so bad. Hudson is one of the best offensive line coaches in the league. Hopefully that itself will make us better

If he does, he deserves a congratulations and a "where have you been all these years" comment.

Regan21286 said:
If he does, he deserves a congratulations and a "where have you been all these years" comment.

The funny thing that people aren't realizing is... this line improved a great deal after the retirement/ousting of Wanny. When Bates took over the line went from a man to man scheme to a zone scheme. Much easier for newly aquainted linemen to pickup.

Now to top that off we now have a great teacher to up the anti even more. Not only that, but he just like Bates, he knows that the athletic ability of this offensive line needs to be in a zone scheme.

IMO, this offensive line is not going to resemble anything we saw in the past 2 to 3 years. There will be holes to run through and time to pass the ball. The talent on the line wasn't the problem last year. It was the scheme put in place by Wise and his lack of knowledge on how to coach a man to man scheme to inexperienced players. Wise has proven time an time again that he is good when he has a line consiting of nothing but verterans. Houck on the otherhand has proven he can make a wall out of dry sand.

Personally I think we will pleased with what we see this year on the o-line. We may not be the best, but I can almost guarentee we will be servicable... unlike last year.

The last half of the season, in 04, I started keeping a eye on the Chargers to see what turned them around. Brees and Tomilson ( not that he needed much help ) improved with the renewed line play. Everybody saw this teams improvement and I wondered if anybody from the west coast could comment?

BlitPhinFan said:
The funny thing that people aren't realizing is... this line improved a great deal after the retirement/ousting of Wanny. When Bates took over the line went from a man to man scheme to a zone scheme. Much easier for newly aquainted linemen to pickup.

Now to top that off we now have a great teacher to up the anti even more. Not only that, but he just like Bates, he knows that the athletic ability of this offensive line needs to be in a zone scheme.

IMO, this offensive line is not going to resemble anything we saw in the past 2 to 3 years. There will be holes to run through and time to pass the ball. The talent on the line wasn't the problem last year. It was the scheme put in place by Wise and his lack of knowledge on how to coach a man to man scheme to inexperienced players. Wise has proven time an time again that he is good when he has a line consiting of nothing but verterans. Houck on the otherhand has proven he can make a wall out of dry sand.

Personally I think we will pleased with what we see this year on the o-line. We may not be the best, but I can almost guarentee we will be servicable... unlike last year.

I agree with you and will add this, the OL basically had to learn two schemes last year.....One really stupid one that didnt work, and the other was actually catering to their abilities and showed improvement. If the later had been implemented first who knows how the year would have gone. Houck will have the correct system in from day one, and have a stud at RT. Now if he can only get McKinney to put a towel down his pants to keep the ball dry. :lol:

gameday; 2:00 PM, Feeley takes the moist snap, makes a three step drop turns and fires the ball to the right slot at Ricky Williams head. Williams, who just this last week had openly complained that Feeley always throws at his face catchs the ball just in front of his facemask and is again unknowingly slimed by Mc Kinney ball juice and falls forward for a gain of three. Feeley and McKinney chuckle all the way back to the huddle...

Also, don't underestimate what just playing together for a year adds. Last year they were a bunch of strangers being asked to learn new schemes by a sub par coach with no skilled RB able to cover their mistakes.

The only zone scheme the offense used last year was a little pass pro after the San Fran game when they blitzed the entire first half. I don't recall them ever running a strict inside or outside zone in the run game--that was all still man stuff and the run game continued to be lacking. The improved play in pass pro toward the end of the year was a result of the interior guys zoning their gaps and not having to chase loopers and zone blitzers all over the field. Also, Feeley settled in the pocket a little more and quit drifting (mainly to his right) and running into defenders that were being carried outside by o-linemen. Hopefully this year all the linemen will stay in front of the defenders or will be able to pass them off to their buddies.

do you guys think he could do anything with taylor whitley? I believe Houck would be God if he could make him an above average player.

finsgonewild said:
make our line great!!! I have never seen an offensive line so bad. Hudson is one of the best offensive line coaches in the league. Hopefully that itself will make us better

If he could make our line credible this year and good next year, he's a magician. And I think he is!

BlitPhinFan said:

Exactly. This O-line is big and has the potential to be physcially dominating. McKinney is projected to be the smallest starter at 305. Everyone else is 320 +.

he is the best ol line coach in the league in my eyes and this man can work miracles through hard work,technique,and lots of studying.

Back
Top Bottom