Huge Mistake!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huge Mistake!!

We want the Steelers to win. If the Jets lose, they will be 2 games behind us, and if we win, we will still be in line for a bye week in the playoffs.:)

Let's just hope the PHINS take care of their OWN business and avoid their ANNUAL DECEMBER collapse! Then they won't have to back into the playoffs and wish for other teams to lose, like the last couple years! Those two upcoming road games concern me(PATSIES and 49ers) and the STEELERS and RAIDAAAZZZZ have easy remaining schedules!Add in Manning and the boys, the COLTS will show up ready to play!!But as for this week, you have to root for the STEELERS! Take care of your business in the DIVISION first!!! Especially since the JETS beat the Phins twice and hold all the tiebreakers!! GO PHINS!!!!!!
#13 FOREVER!!!!!

If we want homefield advantage throughout the playoffs then we have to have a better record than the Steelers, which means that they have to lose another game. Looking at their remaining schedule it would seem like this is their toughest game.
The Jets are a game back, there is nothing THEY can do to catch the Dolphins. The only way the Jets can put a claim on first place is for the phins to give it to them.
Winning this division means nothing without homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. A jets victory puts Miami in control of their own destiny. The Jets will still be a game back and Miami will have homefield in the palm of their hand. Isn't that what we want?

Accually

We only need to tie the Steelers, we have tie breakers over them. We would have only lost 2 games in the AFC to their 3.

....and with a Jets victory we will have acheived that.

I wanna see the Steelers beat the Jets because if we beat the Colts, we will have more security of winning the division and we will still be in line for a first round bye.

1. Win the division
  2. then hope for the bye
    [/list=1]

if we win out, we do not need to care about anything because at 13-3 or even 12-4 you know we are good enough to go all the way. A 11-5 or worse, you know not to tape the 2nd round playoff game.

they always talk about the fins late season slump, man, have you seen the jets record in december? it is really pathetic! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolphan39
  1. Win the division
  2. then hope for the bye
    [/list=1]

if we win out, we do not need to care about anything because at 13-3 or even 12-4 you know we are good enough to go all the way. A 11-5 or worse, you know not to tape the 2nd round playoff game.

1. Does any body see my point? Why should we have to HOPE for a bye, with a Jets victory THIS week, we have everything we want.
    We control it all!

I guess what some people are trying to say without actually saying it, is, we don't want to be in control of our own destiny at this point because we have no faith in being able to hold on to the prize over the next 5 games?
    Why would you want to put off your goals when they are so readily attainable? Look at the rest of the steelers schedule, who do you think they are going to lose to after the Jets game? @ Baltimore? Maybe, but the bus will probably be back for that game. That's the toughest game they have left and it is very winnable.
    So let's throw OUR fate into the hands of Detroit, Cinncinnatti, and Cleveland.

Have I said enough?

BTW, I see your point.....We want to worry about the division first and a Jets loss gives us a bigger cushion. I understand that. I just don't like to think that way. The fact is, if the Jets win, we have ALL of our goals locked up. period!
In typical addictive behavior, Iwant what I want when I want it and I want it NOW!:p :lol:

But we are second in the AFC right now, since we have a tiebreaker over Oakland, so with a Jets loss we will have a huge suchion in our division but still control our own destiny to having a bye week.

Second, also means, we go TO Pittsburg for the AFC Championship game.....

the jets boast of an 8 game win streak

do you realize they have now lost 14 of 15 games to the steelers, talk about domination! :D :eek:

Back
Top Bottom