Huizenga Consulting with Cowher? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Huizenga Consulting with Cowher?

bluehaze

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone else notice Huizenga's plane was in North Carolina, where Cowher is currently residing, yesterday prior to the Capers signing?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N37WH

The same plane that supposedly picked up Mora Jr and Chan Gailey.

Perhaps Huizenga is looking for an interim coach in Gailey or Mora?

:shakeno:

Here we go again with this ****eyed idea that Wayne Huizenga would legitimately consider hiring an interim head coach just to keep the seat warm for Bill Cowher. Not only is it stupid to think he would even consider it, it is stupid to think that any coach would take the job knowing they were simply an interim choice. Like Chan Gailey is going to leave a stable job at Georgia Tech. to come to Miami for only one year.

Anyone else notice Huizenga's plane was in North Carolina, where Cowher is currently residing, yesterday prior to the Capers signing?

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N37WH

The same plane that supposedly picked up Mora Jr and Chan Gailey.

Perhaps Huizenga is looking for an interim coach in Gailey or Mora?

Dom Capers still has a home in Cornelius NC. My intuition says they were dropping him off. They probably flew him in for his contract extension press conference and then took him back home. Talking with Cohwer at this point would still be tampering.

Ok, doesn't it truly suck being a Dolphins fan right now...This organization is only trumped by Al Davis' Raiders and maybe the Cardnials, for its ineptitude.

We shouldn't have to go hound after a coach...even Cowher! If there isn't a true desire to came to Miami and be a part of the community, then WE/I don't want the jagoff.

I like Wayne, but it's just hard to believe that he can't get it right. Since Shula and Marino have gone, we've become a joke. The 3 head coaches, horrible drafts, the numerous Coordinators, QB's and RB's, and so on, and so on.

You build a Championship team through the draft, not by signing other teams castoffs like Shula ended his career doing, JJ, Wanny, and Saban totally did. A free agent here and there is fine, but you have to be right on with your picks. 11 drafts since Shula, how many 1st or 2nd rounders have made an impact on this team, let alone the league?....Madison, Surtain. Sure we need a quality head coach, but what we need is a GM that can get the talent to make us a great team. Is Meuller the guy? I'm not sure.

If you lose on your first two rounds more often then not, and live on middle to late round picks to make your squad, well then you'll have a mediocre team at best, and that about sums up this team over the last 10 years.

One thing for certain....Wayne should NEVER let a head coach have full say again, because even the great Jimmy Johnson sucked at it with us.

Peace Out!

Ok, doesn't it truly suck being a Dolphins fan right now...This organization is only trumped by Al Davis' Raiders and maybe the Cardnials, for its ineptitude.

We shouldn't have to go hound after a coach...even Cowher! If there isn't a true desire to came to Miami and be a part of the community, then WE/I don't want the jagoff.

I like Wayne, but it's just hard to believe that he can't get it right. Since Shula and Marino have gone, we've become a joke. The 3 head coaches, horrible drafts, the numerous Coordinators, QB's and RB's, and so on, and so on.

You build a Championship team through the draft, not by signing other teams castoffs like Shula ended his career doing, JJ, Wanny, and Saban totally did. A free agent here and there is fine, but you have to be right on with your picks. 11 drafts since Shula, how many 1st or 2nd rounders have made an impact on this team, let alone the league?....Madison, Surtain. Sure we need a quality head coach, but what we need is a GM that can get the talent to make us a great team. Is Meuller the guy? I'm not sure.

If you lose on your first two rounds more often then not, and live on middle to late round picks to make your squad, well then you'll have a mediocre team at best, and that about sums up this team over the last 10 years.

One thing for certain....Wayne should NEVER let a head coach have full say again, because even the great Jimmy Johnson sucked at it with us.

Peace Out!

I see more and more stupid comments on this board everyday.

Dom Capers still has a home in Cornelius NC. My intuition says they were dropping him off. They probably flew him in for his contract extension press conference and then took him back home. Talking with Cohwer at this point would still be tampering.

Good call, Wasn't Capers just in Jacksonville a few days ago when we interviewed him though?

I see more and more stupid comments on this board everyday.
What the hell's so stupid about it? You don't think the draft is what's been killing this team since about the mid-80s? You must not know much about football then. Just take a look when you get the time....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/MIA

We're a complete joke!

Good call, Wasn't Capers just in Jacksonville a few days ago when we interviewed him though?

Yeah, I think you are right. I got my interviews mixed up. Maybe it was just the legal time flying back and forth with the contract, getting it signed.

:shakeno:

Here we go again with this ****eyed idea that Wayne Huizenga would legitimately consider hiring an interim head coach just to keep the seat warm for Bill Cowher. Not only is it stupid to think he would even consider it, it is stupid to think that any coach would take the job knowing they were simply an interim choice. Like Chan Gailey is going to leave a stable job at Georgia Tech. to come to Miami for only one year.

Money talks man, Given the dough Huizenga has been throwing around lately it wouldn't seem that out of the ordinary for him to throw an exhorbitant amount of money at Gailey to be the interim coach especially if he was going to move him to OC after Cowher got here.

I'm not saying this is the case, was just curious why he was in North Carolina is all.

Hopefully it was just to sign a deal with Capers.

Is PFT reading these boards? :sidelol:

POSTED 5:57 p.m. EST, January 14, 2007
WAYNE USING A DIFFERENT PLANE?
A reader has tipped us off to the apparent fact that Fins owner Wayne Huizenga has been traveling in a plane with a different tail number than the jet we tracked last week to Costa Rica via the flightaware.com web site.
The alternative plane -- with tail number N37WH -- currently is en route from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale, which meshes with Jay Glazer's report that Jim Mora Jr. is being flown in for a second interview for the head-coaching job in Miami.
But it also meshes with the notion that Chan Gailey is one of the leading candidates for the job. And the fact that the plane has been back and forth to Atlanta twice in two days suggests that maybe both men have been to Miami.
Also on Saturday the plane made a trip to and from Charlotte, which surely will spark speculation that Huizenga was meeting with a certain recently available former Steelers head coach.

What the hell's so stupid about it? You don't think the draft is what's been killing this team since about the mid-80s? You must not know much about football then. Just take a look when you get the time....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/MIA

We're a complete joke!

What you fail to recognize is that our average first pick during that time was 24.6. You don't get many home runs picking that low all of the time. Coupled with several of our first picks suffering career ending or shortening injuries (Yatil Green and John Offerdahl), and I would say that is is not great, but definitely not a joke, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom