Hull is the man for now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hull is the man for now

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Dolphins lost their starting middle linebacker and when practice resumes today, and for the next few days, the team will be looking for a new starter. And right away the next man up, as the Dolphins like to call out, is Mike Hull.
Hull is the Dolphins new starting middle linebacker.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article166885807.html

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article166885807.html#storylink=cpy

I don't think this will be the case when the season starts. I like Hull but it's hard to hide his athletic limitations. I see Kiko going back to MLB and either Lacey or Allen stepping up at Will. Not sure who we have who projects well to Sam behind Timmons, but that seems to be the best option IMHO.

Hull might be the next man up, but you better believe "not for long"

You have to believe the coaches see what we see with Hull so the question is will the FO agree to try to do anything about it.

Again we may have to wait to see if we have any better options that present themselves- because not sure how much better is available at this time.

We're not going to find an all pro now. We'll most likely bring somebody in after the cuts but Hull might be the starter on week one. We'll see what happens after that. We have neglected the position for years. At last we draft one and he gets hurt....smh

Ozzy rules!!

I would like to see Hull get the chance at Mike...is he fast and very athletic? no, but we dont run a Tampa 2 where he has to run to cover deep middle of the field either...not saying he is great, but give it a shot...I would certainly rather move timmons inside to mike if Hull didnt work out, rather than Kiko...Kiko isnt as good in the middle as timmons is...not sure who we have at sam besides trevor reilly, who is a monster and more of an OLB in a 3-4 but maybe he steps up

121116-spt-dolphins-ae-013.jpg

Suddenly, part of the burden to improve the league’s 30th-ranked run defense of last year falls upon a player who has started just one of his 20 career NFL games — but you’d never know that listening to coach Adam Gase.
“He’s always looking for that shot to jump in the starting lineup and somebody’s above him and then he’s got to fill in,” Gase said Saturday. “Last year when we had guys go down and he had to fill in, he did a great job. He’s always ready to go.”
Whatever Hull, 26, lacks in quickness and size (6-feet, 232) he makes up for in preparation, Gase said.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ll-upon-always-ready-lb-mike-hull-in-a-pinch/

Seemed like he could tackle at least last year....actually looked like a guy to instill a bit of fear in opposing runners.

Hull stinks. He's a backup and just not capable of much more than that.

Hull stinks. He's a backup and just not capable of much more than that.

We have to hope a good vet gets beet out in camp by a rookie, and the team lets him go, and then pounce. We can wade through Raekwon getting hurt but we are one more injury away from being worse than last year.

We have to hope a good vet gets beet out in camp by a rookie, and the team lets him go, and then pounce. We can wade through Raekwon getting hurt but we are one more injury away from being worse than last year.

The problem is claiming a vet with a small salary cap hit. Going to be tough to pull off.

I cant say I am to thrilled with Hull being an option for us all year. He is okay on his best days, not a reliable guy for 16 games.

Back
Top Bottom