Hunt and Kindley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt and Kindley

No, I view him as much more of a finished product(for good or ill)so I don't look at him like I do those three.

They are all either young for their draft class, new to their position, or making the jump from small time college ball.

Davis probably does not have a lot of upside.

But I was not taking a backhanded swipe at the big fells, I did not love that pick but I hope he proves us all wrong.
Davis was a terrible draft pick and he is living up (or down) to it.

IMHO, by far, it is Austin Jackson as a LT. Guards are easy for 31 teams to find (all except the Dolphins), but LT's are worth their very substantial weight ... in gold. What we need as a pass protector in today's NFL ... and Austin Jackson has been tremendously successful for an uber-young rookie. I'm phenomenally impressed with Austin Jackson the person and player.

I was always a huge fan of Kindley and thought he flew under the radar because of a mixed final season. He has proved to be just that, and I'm very, very happy to have him. I have not given up on Michael Deiter either, unlike most of this board.
Agree with everything except Dieter. I'm not a fan and have very little hope for him.

Hunt was a RT at Louisiana but if you followed his story the dude grew up dirt poor. He went to a camp at Louisiana that his father had to work extra jobs for, IIRC, so that he had the money. He showed up in tennis shoes, shorts and a t-shirt. They gave him some cleats and gear while he was there at camp. His high school only had 13 players so he played both ways...I would assume they probably only had 1 to 3 coaches so he didn't get much coaching in high school. While at camp the HC of Louisiana offered him a scholarship, which he refused because he said...I can't afford to go to college, having no idea what a scholarship meant.

I think it's safe to say that Hunt has never received high-level coaching in his entire life. He's probably never had a training room, or a nutritionist, or a state of the art weight room. This is all new to him. He's a raw talent and a very impressive athlete. It's going to take time for him to acclimate to this level of...well this level of everything. They've been using him as a 6th lineman in a jumbo set...letting him get his feet wet. I think the talent is there, I'm very high on this kid.
Thanks for the little story there truth! Hope he can learn and develop into a solid starter no matter where on the line

No, I view him as much more of a finished product(for good or ill)so I don't look at him like I do those three.

They are all either young for their draft class, new to their position, or making the jump from small time college ball.

Davis probably does not have a lot of upside.

But I was not taking a backhanded swipe at the big fella, I did not love that pick but I hope he proves us all wrong.

I really hope he does have upside. To spend a 1st round pick and a 2nd on DTs and still not be able to defend against the run would be a massive waste of draft capital. One reason for optimism I see is he was double teamed a lot in college. But not my favourite pick either, maybe the disappointment of missing Dobbins added to that.

Considering how awful this roster was, it's actually surprising only four draft picks are starting. And evaluating Grier based how many rookies are starting on a really bad team that he has had control of personnel of for the past four years is laughable.
They only fired TannenBum at the end of '18. If you think Grier made the call over T-Bum I have some waterfront property for you!

IMHO, by far, it is Austin Jackson as a LT. Guards are easy for 31 teams to find (all except the Dolphins), but LT's are worth their very substantial weight ... in gold. What we need as a pass protector in today's NFL ... and Austin Jackson has been tremendously successful for an uber-young rookie. I'm phenomenally impressed with Austin Jackson the person and player.

I was always a huge fan of Kindley and thought he flew under the radar because of a mixed final season. He has proved to be just that, and I'm very, very happy to have him. I have not given up on Michael Deiter either, unlike most of this board.

Dieter is a stone cold loser... LOL Sorry man, couldn’t resist, but he doesn’t look that good so far.

Considering how awful this roster was, it's actually surprising only four draft picks are starting. And evaluating Grier based on how many rookies are starting on a really bad team that he has had control of personnel of for the past four years is laughable.
1602294559439.gif

Want to see that stud lb from SF, hope he doesn't ruin our day. Makes me miss ZT every time I see that type of play #fred warner

Disastrous? Lol the only thing disastrous rick are your posts.
Disastrous. A top 15 defensive tackle that doesn't effect the other team's passing game and is an average player at best right now, a trade of a second round pick for Josh Rosen, a third round draft pick on an offensive lineman (Dieter) who most scouts felt was a fifth round pick or later who is barely serviceable as a backup, and a reach on a horrible prospect who shouldn't even have been drafted ( Isaiah Prince ). Van Ginkel, Myles Gaskins, and Chandler Cox were three of their last four picks of the draft and they are all just "jags" that could easily be replaced and the sad thing is they turned out to be better picks than the first three picks. So, go ahead and defend Chris Grier and fool yourself into believing that 2019 wasn't a disaster little Scotty.

Last edited:
Dieter is a stone cold loser... LOL Sorry man, couldn’t resist, but he doesn’t look that good so far.
Who knows, you might be right. But he certainly wouldn't be the 1st or 1,000th OL to succeed after a rough rookie season.

Who knows, you might be right. But he certainly wouldn't be the 1st or 1,000th OL to succeed after a rough rookie season.

or he might just be the thousandth player to take his place in a long line of yet another failed Miami Dolphins offensive linemen the past two decades. He hasn’t shown very many reasons for optimism has he? He’s certainly shown lots of tape where he looks like a turnstile though sadly.

having said that, I’m not as down in the 2019 draft as the poster who we are replying to, but Dieter looks like dookie so far. Having said that, Oline men drafted in 2020 look like a homerun so far. Especially if Robert Hunt plays well this weekend. Excited to see that.

Disastrous. A top 15 defensive tackle that doesn't effect the other team's passing game and is an average player at best right now, a trade of a second round pick for Josh Rosen, a third round draft pick on an offensive lineman (Dieter) who most scouts felt was a fifth round pick or later who is barely serviceable as a backup, and a reach on a horrible prospect who shouldn't even have been drafted ( Isaiah Prince ). Van Ginkel, Myles Gaskins, and Chandler Cox were three of their last four picks of the draft and they are all just "jags" that could easily be replaced and the sad thing is they turned out to be better picks than the first three picks. So, go ahead and defend Chris Grier and fool yourself into believing that 2019 wasn't a disaster little Scotty.
Compare it to the 2017 draft. You win, rehire Gase and TannenBum.

Back
Top Bottom