Hunt and Kindley | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt and Kindley

CK has has some good stuff on Kindley and Hunt on twitter. I just don't know how to post it on here.

The future is bright!!

or he might just be the thousandth player to take his place in a long line of yet another failed Miami Dolphins offensive linemen the past two decades. He hasn’t shown very many reasons for optimism has he? He’s certainly shown lots of tape where he looks like a turnstile though sadly.

having said that, I’m not as down in the 2019 draft as the poster who we are replying to, but Dieter looks like dookie so far. Having said that, Oline men drafted in 2020 look like a homerun so far. Especially if Robert Hunt plays well this weekend. Excited to see that.
How many snaps have you seen from Deiter at Center, where he is currently Ted Karras' primary backup?

What is your assessment of him, at that position?

How many snaps have you seen from Deiter at Center, where he is currently Ted Karras' primary backup?

What is your assessment of him, at that position?

TBH I don't remember seeing too many snaps of him at that position. I know that he was a turnstile last year and rated 81st out of 83 guards last year according to PFF. Maybe he improved? But he was so bad that I would be surprised if he can hang with the guys we have now, but you never know. I could see us drafting a center next year if a good one is available with one of our many early picks that we have, maybe in the 3rd round? Who knows...

TBH I don't remember seeing too many snaps of him at that position. I know that he was a turnstile last year and rated 81st out of 83 guards last year according to PFF. Maybe he improved? But he was so bad that I would be surprised if he can hang with the guys we have now, but you never know. I could see us drafting a center next year if a good one is available with one of our many early picks that we have, maybe in the 3rd round? Who knows...
I don't think we've ever seen him at center.

But he's a center for us now.

If Karras goes out (let's pray that never happens) and Deiter gets in, let's reassess then.

He's only in his second season.

For most players, the biggest improvement in their career is seen going from first year to second year.

He could have a bright future or he could be out of the league in a few years.

We have no idea.

I don't think we've ever seen him at center.

But he's a center for us now.

If Karras goes out (let's pray that never happens) and Deiter gets in, let's reassess then.

He's only in his second season.

For most players, the biggest improvement in their career is seen going from first year to second year.

He could have a bright future or he could be out of the league in a few years.

We have no idea.
Hoping he's gotten better! Crazy to think we may actually have some half assed depth for once lol

It's too bad the Dolphins didn't take a late round flyer on Michael Onwenu. He is another major college sleeper, just like Kindley. PFF and other sources are already raving about Onwenu, saying the Patriots got the steal of the draft in the 6th round. He is rated higher than any of the three Dolphin rookies by PFF right now. Well, he's the highest rated rookie period.

It's also similar to Kindley in that Onwenu somehow has more bounce and agility than he ever displayed at Michigan. At times it doesn't look like the same player. Onwenu is moving around like a modern day Larry Little only 80 pounds heavier. Nasty as heck.

I remember when the Canes tried to recruit him. Everybody did. His recruiting list looks like a who's who of college football. Nick Saban wanted him. Urban Meyer wanted him. High 4 star recruit.

This is the reason I always say it's mostly a waste of time to look at small colleges instead of simply isolating the premier schools with the premier recruits. There are always going to be guys who slipped out of favor and didn't reveal their ability level in college, for whatever reason.

I love Baldy's breakdowns. He sees the line the same way Romo sees the qb position. So smart and can break it down for a dummy like me.

Back
Top Bottom