Hunt and Kindley | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt and Kindley

I think we drafted very well on the line. But we’ve seen the Jonathan Martins, the Dallas Thomases and the Billy Turners, all of whom have Grier’s fingerprints on them.

The team couldn’t figure out how to draft an O lineman unless it was an obvious, i.e., first round, talent.

So, all of a sudden we drafted three good prospects? That’s not luck, that’s knowing what you’re looking for, both in terms of talent and play style, but also in applying resources to a critical spot that had been regularly misunderstood by the front office.

What changed? Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie. If you want to figure out how all of a sudden we did a 180 on the position, look no further than those two. Allen in particular has worked on some stellar drafts before he came here.

I think we drafted very well on the line. But we’ve seen the Jonathan Martins, the Dallas Thomases and the Billy Turners, all of whom have Grier’s fingerprints on them.

The team couldn’t figure out how to draft an O lineman unless it was an obvious, i.e., first round, talent.

So, all of a sudden we drafted three good prospects? That’s not luck, that’s knowing what you’re looking for, both in terms of talent and play style, but also in applying resources to a critical spot that had been regularly misunderstood by the front office.

What changed? Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie. If you want to figure out how all of a sudden we did a 180 on the position, look no further than those two. Allen in particular has worked on some stellar drafts before he came here.
How about chris snee who actually played position then added as a consultant?

How about chris snee who actually played position then added as a consultant?

Thats a very good point. Something changed internally for the analysis to improve so radically. There were three good prospects taken, which kind of proves it wasn’t luck. In fact, they had so much conviction on Kindley they traded up for him. Similarly, they were goofing up so many picks in the past, you can’t just chalk it up to luck.

Disastrous. A top 15 defensive tackle that doesn't effect the other team's passing game and is an average player at best right now, a trade of a second round pick for Josh Rosen, a third round draft pick on an offensive lineman (Dieter) who most scouts felt was a fifth round pick or later who is barely serviceable as a backup, and a reach on a horrible prospect who shouldn't even have been drafted ( Isaiah Prince ). Van Ginkel, Myles Gaskins, and Chandler Cox were three of their last four picks of the draft and they are all just "jags" that could easily be replaced and the sad thing is they turned out to be better picks than the first three picks. So, go ahead and defend Chris Grier and fool yourself into believing that 2019 wasn't a disaster little Scotty.
Talk to Mommy.jpg

Thats a very good point. Something changed internally for the analysis to improve so radically. There were three good prospects taken, which kind of proves it wasn’t luck. In fact, they had so much conviction on Kindley they traded up for him. Similarly, they were goofing up so many picks in the past, you can’t just chalk it up to luck.
I like to give it up to the little guys.

The additions of McKenzie, Allen, and Snee are great, but it all starts with the regional scouts.

Whoever brought those players to the attention of the higher ups deserve kudos, whether they are new to the organization or long-timers.

Up to this point, I believe that Grier has tried to deliver the type of players that his coaches wanted... rather than being a domineering GM, he has been a consensus guy...

If my take is correct... and it is just an opinion... then, he is to be congratulated for putting together this group... because you cant ignore the fact that he hired all of them.

You sir are absolutely correct. I was going to post a similar comment. The last non 1st round pick we can say was a hit was Todd Wade & Rex Hadnot that was under Wanstache! The only other guy I can think of was John Jerry under Spartans. Did I miss anybody Non 1st round?

You sir are absolutely correct. I was going to post a similar comment. The last non 1st round pick we can say was a hit was Todd Wade & Rex Hadnot that was under Wanstache! The only other guy I can think of was John Jerry under Spartans. Did I miss anybody Non 1st round?
I thought I was a Dolphins fan, but for the life of me, I don't remember a Spartans. Did the Dolphins organization fund the movie 300?

I did I rewatch of the game..

I need to eat some crow on Hunt, I had Jackson and Kindley down to a tee on their projection but from one game looks like I missed on Hunt..

holy crap, we may of hit on three studs.

Back
Top Bottom