Hunt and Kindley | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt and Kindley

The point is, who could have been picked instead of Wilkins in the first round and who could have been picked in the second round instead of the dumpster fire of a trade for Rosen. Any way you slice it, 2019 was a major failure of a draft. People need to wake up to the fact that Chris Grier isn’t very good at what he does. I’m fairly optimistic about this last draft class however. I think the additions of Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie might have made the difference.
You mean... the guys he hired?

The point is, who could have been picked instead of Wilkins in the first round and who could have been picked in the second round instead of the dumpster fire of a trade for Rosen. Any way you slice it, 2019 was a major failure of a draft. People need to wake up to the fact that Chris Grier isn’t very good at what he does. I’m fairly optimistic about this last draft class however. I think the additions of Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie might have made the difference.

Being a bit harsh. Hindsight is 2020. Honestly in the 1st round maybe we draft brain burns, montezuma sweat or Abram, everyone else was mehh.
In the 2nd we made a good move with a trade down and rolled the dice on a qb (cant blame a team for rolling the dice on a qb). We ended up missing on a couple wide WRs but ended up with Preston and Raekwon davis.

I can argue Preston will be the best WR in the draft. You can argue we didnt draft him, he came to us. I can argue he wouldnt have came if we drafted a WR.

Basically we ended up with Wilkins, Davis, dieter. All which play on the line. To early to judge their career, line play takes something like 3 years to develop usually. Look at that rookie kid from the jets, hasnt even blossomed yet. Billy Turner is now a starter, paul soliai took a while. The list goes on and on.

So your point is Dieter was considered a third round pick by some draft sites? Great. Defend the rest of the draft. I don’t see you doing that. By the way, just because you can show me sites that say Dieter was considered a third round pick, I know that many considered him a reach. Take a look at what TedSlimm felt about him. Besides nothing really matters other than the fact that he’s not good.

You said "many" and then just named one person, who isn't even a scout.

So can you actually defend your original statement or are you just going to throw around words like "many" or "most" and expect people to believe you?

Being a bit harsh. Hindsight is 2020. Honestly in the 1st round maybe we draft brain burns, montezuma sweat or Abram, everyone else was mehh.
In the 2nd we made a good move with a trade down and rolled the dice on a qb (cant blame a team for rolling the dice on a qb). We ended up missing on a couple wide WRs but ended up with Preston and Raekwon davis.

I can argue Preston will be the best WR in the draft. You can argue we didnt draft him, he came to us. I can argue he wouldnt have came if we drafted a WR.

Basically we ended up with Wilkins, Davis, dieter. All which play on the line. To early to judge their career, line play takes something like 3 years to develop usually. Look at that rookie kid from the jets, hasnt even blossomed yet. Billy Turner is now a starter, paul soliai took a while. The list goes on and on.
Sorry to say, but ending up with Wilkins, Davis, and Dieter doesn’t exactly strengthen your argument. I also don’t get why Grier should get credit for “rolling the dice at QB” . Do the Jets get credit for ”rolling the dice“ a few years ago for drafting Christian Hackenberg?

You said "many" and then just named one person, who isn't even a scout.

So can you actually defend your original statement or are you just going to throw around words like "many" or "most" and expect people to believe you?
Draftsite.com had him rated as a 5th round pick, and cbssports had him rated as the 16th ranked interior lineman in a poorly overall rated interior lineman class. I’m done arguing about Deiter. If the best defense you can come up with for the 2019 draft class is Deiter wasn’t considered a reach in the third round than I guess I made my case that the 2019 draft class was pretty much a disaster, especially in the early rounds.

Great, then what do you need Grier for?
Being smart enough to connect Flores with these two senior presences, while handling contracts and not over-paying anyone. The General Manager is over all facets of an operation and knowing WHO to hire is his number one responsibility... and he's nailing it.

I think it absolutely fair to criticize Grier for the 19 draft. However, there are longer tenured GM'S still employed who've had much more disastrous drafts. If you can criticize him fairly, you should be able to give him an attaboy on a few good draft picks too.

Trades? Above average in my opinion. A lot of people freaked out on the Minkah trade and I think that's a push even after his five game Hall of fame career last year. Tunsil...Bill Obrien never met a bad trade he didn't like. You can cherry pick the Rosen trade but it intrigued many nfl personnel. Not just Miami. Lost trade.

Grier is polarizing to be sure. I'm on the fence with him, but yes..there are worse GM'S.

Being smart enough to connect Flores with these two senior presences, while handling contracts and not over-paying anyone. The General Manager is over all facets of an operation and knowing WHO to hire is his number one responsibility... and he's nailing it.
Not over paying anyone? That's funny. Xavien Howard, Shaq Lawson, Bobby McCain, Jordan Howard and possibly Byron Jones are all over-pays. Chris Grier should have been gone many times over but Ross never knew how to do a full house cleaning when it was necessary.

I think it absolutely fair to criticize Grier for the 19 draft. However, there are longer tenured GM'S still employed who've had much more disastrous drafts. If you can criticize him fairly, you should be able to give him an attaboy on a few good draft picks too.

Trades? Above average in my opinion. A lot of people freaked out on the Minkah trade and I think that's a push even after his five game Hall of fame career last year. Tunsil...Bill Obrien never met a bad trade he didn't like. You can cherry pick the Rosen trade but it intrigued many nfl personnel. Not just Miami. Lost trade.

Grier is polarizing to be sure. I'm on the fence with him, but yes..there are worse GM'S.
Agree on the Minkah and Tunsil trades, but he got hosed in the Rosen trade. Sure there have been GM's that have had bad drafts, but when is the last time Grier has drafted a true super star player? Someone who most people agree is top three at his position and most likely would start for any other team in the league? You would think out of blind luck he would have found at least one such player like that by now. He has way to many misses in the early parts of the draft for my liking and even when he doesn't have a full on miss, like on a player like Wilkins, the philosophy of how to build the team that led him to take a defensive tackle who doesn't effect the passing game as high as he took Wilkins seems flawed to me.

Grier seems to have hit on 3 offensive lineman and hopefully a franchise qb all in 1 draft. He is good in my book.

Back to he original point of this thread. Kindleybis just a dude I love watching, a true bulldozer. Hunt looked amazing last week as well. Major Kudos to our GM for these 3 lineman he drafted.

While watching highlights of our King Solomon, I also paid attention to the other guard spot - Flowers is a far better guard than tackle but I think he is the weak link as of now.

That's not to say he is doing horrible but I don't feel his play is comparable to the other boys on the line, even the play of Jesse Davis.

I am really excited about those kids and the foundation they are building down there. Maul 'em all!

Now, about that defense...
If you’re right then this is a good problem to have. We’ve been lacking in those types of problems in recent years.

Not over paying anyone? That's funny. Xavien Howard, Shaq Lawson, Bobby McCain, Jordan Howard and possibly Byron Jones are all over-pays. Chris Grier should have been gone many times over but Ross never knew how to do a full house cleaning when it was necessary.
ROFL. .. you are so deep into your story that you can't see how ridiculous you are being.

I laugh...

Most people who are slow tend to laugh a lot.
You are just so desperate to be edgy, and so afraid to change your story that you painted yourself into a corner.

Never mind that teams BY NFL RULE have to spend at least 89% of the cap, and never mind that almost all of the contracts that Grier negotiated are straight pay for year contracts with easy outs, you arbitrarily decide that these contracts are overpays... even though we can get out of most of them at the first sign of decline. ...and all so you can maintain the myth of your story.
Most of the National media is beginning to talk about how much our Dolphins have improved and how good of cap shape we are in... and Tua hasn't even hit the field yet... but YOU have said that Grier is a failure and now you can't go back on that without us laughing at you...

Burns doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom