Hunt Game #2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt Game #2

arge13

Super Donator
Reaction score
Haven't had the chance to take a detailed look at Hunt's game tape from sunday, but wondering if anybody else has.

From the little bit that I saw from the first half, Hunt seemed to get pushed around a bit, and definitely looked off balance and confused at times. Of course this is highly expected from a rookie, just thought maybe he was half a step back compared to game one.

This is subject to a more thorough review, however. Would appreciate any insight from those that had a real good look at our future right tackle. Cheers.

I'll tell you one play I definitely noticed about Hunt. It was a sack, with terrible execution by the whole line, and Hunt had to block two guys by himself. But here's the punchline: it wasn't either of his guys that sacked Fitz. That's right, Hunt blocked two guys on a play and neither got close to the QB.

Just a funny story, it doesn't really mean anything.

Haven't had the chance to take a detailed look at Hunt's game tape from sunday, but wondering if anybody else has.

From the little bit that I saw from the first half, Hunt seemed to get pushed around a bit, and definitely looked off balance and confused at times. Of course this is highly expected from a rookie, just thought maybe he was half a step back compared to game one.

This is subject to a more thorough review, however. Would appreciate any insight from those that had a real good look at our future right tackle. Cheers.

Hunt is like Davis and 1-2 others . . . an off-season in the weight room will help a lot. That and experience

I saw a guy that punishes people on running plays. That right side of the line was dominant in the first half. I think they got away from it so as to not put out too much good tape for their next opponent. Lol.

I don’t know that his pass protection is quite as good.

The exciting thing is that it appears all three offensive linemen drafted this year are already competent, which means in time they’re going to be very good.

I saw a guy that punishes people on running plays. That right side of the line was dominant in the first half. I think they got away from it so as to not put out too much good tape for their next opponent. Lol.

The exciting thing is that it appears all three offensive linemen drafted this year are already competent, which means in time they’re going to be very good.
Quite literally this. Around the 10:00 mark in the first quarter I watched him pretty closely. The DE got off the line quickly and gave Hunt a decent punch...Hunt did not flinch...mirrored pretty well for a man his size and went looking for him as the play ended up on his right side. It was just one play but loved his reset.

Overall, it's a clean up of technique that I saw. I saw an able bodied big man "hunt" and move people in the run game. In pass pro, decent feet, decent anchor (good misdirection DE's may cause problems), decent hand strength..and a bit of grit to him. Needs a dedicated off season for strength and balance work.

Just my thoughts on watching him. I usually go back and watch most OL/DL because you don't get instant feedback on TV unless a sack is given up or a good run is made. All in all, a decent job by Hunt.

I have no insight, rely on you tape guys, thanks.
I think he wasn’t starting and was slower in camp because of the understanding of the game. Therefore I’m not surprised that that slower to understand part of his game was evident against the Jets

If true, great news

Hunt looks like an OG to me. If he plays against speed he’s going to need TE/RB help.

Back
Top Bottom