Hunt not impressive | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunt not impressive

On the INT that Tua threw against the Pats, Hunt completely whiffed the block.

First of all, he setup his block too deep in the back feild, allow the end get too close to Tua right after the snap. Then he allowed the end pushed him half step back. By this time, the end was within arm length of Tua.

Tua felt the pressure and step up. The end followed upfield, Hunt then lacked the foot speed to adjust the angle of the block. It allowed the end got close to within inches of Tua. Making Tua to make an ill advised throw, for an INT.

Hunt has a long way to go....

Question ?

You drive a car every day, right ? Are you absolutely perfect driver every time ? Do you make a mistake and cut someone off in your blind spot or forget your turn signal ? Does that automatically mean you have to learn how to drive again ? He made a mistake, that is all.

That was a ten point swing whiff. And if he keep doing it, say good bye to our future HOF qb. Big difference from X giving up a td.
I like what he has done so far this season as a whole. Just want to point out his pass block needs a LOT of work.

Pointing out that he could improve from one missed block is one thing... creating a whole thread, with the title “Hunt not impressive”, is going to need more evidence than just one busted play

That was a momentum changing mistake.
To use your example, it caused a major car crash.
The big fail on that play was Tua.

Hunt got beat... that happens. Tua is the one who made a major mental error.

The question is... will Tua learn to refrain from making these mental errors? My answer is yes.
The second question is whether Hunt will ever have the physicality to stop getting beat in pass coverage? On that one... the jury is out.

I would make the argument that if Tua throws the ball at the top of the drop it’s a TD and the blocking doesn’t matter. But to each their own.

Tua should have kept the ball or tried to run to the end zone. Whats that has to do with Hunt whiffed the block?
You said Hunt was unimpressive and tied that statement to Tua's INT...

tenor-2.gif

Just my opinion...but the thread title indicates widespread failure on the players part...., perfection is limited to the 72’ Dolphins....rookies are allowed missteps!

The question is... will Tua learn to refrain from making these mental errors? My answer is yes.
The second question is whether Hunt will ever have the physicality to stop getting beat in pass coverage? On that one... the jury is out.
Good point

The big fail on that play was Tua.

Hunt got beat... that happens. Tua is the one who made a major mental error.

Tua tucked it and ran for the TD in the second half. His artificial intelligence had already kicked in (God Charles Davis sucks).

As far as physicality, I don't think Big Hunt lacks that.

so hunt had 1 bad play and someone starts a thread saying he’s not impressive? This forum has went downhill the last few years

Back
Top Bottom