Hurns has opted out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurns has opted out

looks like Hurns has already made roughly 27 million in his career. i guess he'll be ok down the road financially, even if he retired today.

Yeah I forgot about that bad Jax extension he signed. Bad for the jags that is.

It's going to be interesting to see how many of these opt out players end up getting caught partying and hanging out in public spots.

If they truly are that scared about their or their families health, more power to em I guess. I just have a sneaking suspicion that isn't the case for all of them.

Hurns is pretty much invisible when here but we're down two in our receiver room with two of the top four coming back from injury. Suddenly we have a thin room, but honestly every team around the league is gonna have issues and neither Ford or Wilson are indispensable.

This is gonna be Isaih Ford's breakout year.

Can players be cut while opting out? This may be the best thing to happen. We have way too many WR's. This may actually help some rookies make the team

Last edited:
Can players be cut while opting out? This may be the best thing to happen. We have way too many WR's. This may actually help some rookies make the team
I don't if they can but there's no need to right now. They don't count against the cap and you have reserved their rights for one more season. Cut them next off-season if you want with no penalty

This is a blessing in disguise. Finally get to see if Grant, Ford, and Jennings are worth investing in. Maybe one of the rookies show some promise. Hurns and Wilson might have played their last game as a Fin.

I don't if they can but there's no need to right now. They don't count against the cap and you have reserved their rights for one more season. Cut them next off-season if you want with no penalty

Do they count as a roster spot for this year? That would be my only issue with not cutting them this year. To me they just cut themselves for next year. No way these guys stay on if others shine.

Hurns was another horrible extension by Grier.

Back
Top Bottom