Hurns has opted out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurns has opted out

Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me. Hurns is under contract for the 2020 and 2021 season, now that he has opted out, does that mean his contract freezes and he is now under contract for 2021 and 2022?
Dolphins’ Allen Hurns Opts Out
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/08/dolphins-allen-hurns-opts-out

The remainder of Hurns’ deal will toll, meaning that he’ll be under club control through the 2022 season. Meanwhile, the Dolphins will move forward

Last edited:
What are the odds of Hurns playing out his contract in Miami? He wasn't guaranteed a roster spot this year. I don't think he is on the team in 2021.

Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me. Hurns is under contract for the 2020 and 2021 season, now that he has opted out, does that mean his contract freezes and he is now under contract for 2021 and 2022?

They extended him during the season last year. I believe the contract rollovers into next season. He runs the risk of being cut next off season and going two seasons without getting paid.

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for someone like Hurns that has to produce to keep his spot every season.

With a baby on the way and the Pandemic spreading, it is nice to see him put the health of his family over playing this year. While I think there is likely not going to be a season because of the virus, I still think he made the right decision at this time. Once the actually hitting starts, I expect the virus will then become a real issue in the NFL.

Hurns size is why I think they like him imo. I like Forde if he stays healthy this is a plus plus I am sure Jennings and Hollins are excited.

I know that statement was pretty cookie cutter in many senses but at same time, actually meant something. Also, compared to how our past coaches would have handled such a statement, Flores is a ray of sunshine.

In my mind, it goes like this for past coaches..

Gase: Well Hurns is a football player for the Miami Dolphins and that is all I can say on the matter. *Hours later, Hurns traded*

Philbin: Hurns is a special player with tons of guts, I just wish I could have done my part and kept the facility and outside more clean.. *proceeds to pick up gum wrappers*
Awesome

I know that statement was pretty cookie cutter in many senses but at same time, actually meant something. Also, compared to how our past coaches would have handled such a statement, Flores is a ray of sunshine.

In my mind, it goes like this for past coaches..

Gase: Well Hurns is a football player for the Miami Dolphins and that is all I can say on the matter. *Hours later, Hurns traded*

Philbin: Hurns is a special player with tons of guts, I just wish I could have done my part and kept the facility and outside more clean.. *proceeds to pick up gum wrappers*
Sporano: Way to go, Allen, Way to go!! Good decision by you!! (clap, clap, clap)

No? :chuckle:

It up too players.. who know how this season is going play out. Either way u look at it.. I understand...

Back
Top Bottom