Hurns Hit? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurns Hit?

Looked inadvertent to me.:shrug:

If that no-call is made in any other game: I would be as outraged. But I can save my outrage. Because that call is made every single time. As a matter of fact many calls were made over the years calling it helmet to helmet hits or hits to the helmet when the receiver was hit on the chest or below the chin.

“It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent.”

• Lowering the head (not to include bracing for contact)
  • Initiating contact with the helmet to any part of an opponent. Contact does not have to be to an opponent’s head or neck area—lowering the head and initiating contact to an opponent’s torso, hips, and lower body, is also a foul.
  • Making contact on an opponent (both offense and defense)
—while also having established three criteria for what warrants an ejection:

• The player lowers his helmet to establish a linear body posture prior to initiating and making contact with the helmet;
  • The player delivering the blow had an unobstructed path to his opponent; and if
  • The contact was clearly avoidable

Looked pretty fluky to me. Heath was going for the ball and wasnt even looking at Hurns. Then Hurns fell funny on his head. Unfortunate but not malicious or dirty.

I had more issue with him diving at Grant's knee than anything

Good no call. Heath wasn't going for the hit, but the ball. Purely incidental head contact there.

Contact was made with the WR helmet (facemask) thats an illegal hit

The rule doesn't give discretion as to intent only if contact made.

So surprise the officials missed it, I think the NFL should have a reply specific to any possible head to head contact since they are so safty conscious.

Was a clear penalty, why some refuse to admit that is hilarious.

It was not “targeting”. But his helmet clearly hit the helmet of Hurns while Hurns was attempting to catch the ball . . . And that is a penalty in todays NFL.

Accidental? sure, Incidental? Sure . . . .but its a penalty.

Should of been a penalty, wasn’t intentional but it was helmet to helmet.
That’s how I saw it. Remember last year when Kiko got flagged while holding up on a sliding QB because his helmet lightly grazed the other helmet at like 0.1 miles per hour? I don’t like these rules. But they are the rules so be consistent. Doesn’t matter if it was incidental. It’s a foul.

Well whose fault was it? The DB wasnt head hunting. He was late on the throw. He's gotta see that quicker.

Not the point of the thread... no need to "headhunt" Rosen on any thread you can squeeze him in ….

What if the throw wasn't slow but the receiver wasn't fast enough ...

What if Rosen read the route after coming from another decision and throws it to a spot

What if Rosen was distracted in the pocket ....

Your comment makes it sound like ineptness on Rosen while it could be he did the very best under the circumstances ... but we don't know that because you didn't say why you think Rosen was late .... sounds agenda driven IMO

That hit looked like a head to head hit and my first reaction was flag.... then the slow mo showed me it was incidental .... I get it but I thought head to head was black and white ... I'm pretty sure I've seen similar hits get flagged

Was a clear penalty, why some refuse to admit that is hilarious.

It was not “targeting”. But his helmet clearly hit the helmet of Hurns while Hurns was attempting to catch the ball . . . And that is a penalty in todays NFL.

Accidental? sure, Incidental? Sure . . . .but its a penalty.

Yep. “It was an accident” doesn’t get you off of the hook. And if it wasn’t helmet to helmet how was Hurns knocked out / in concussion protocol?

Not the point of the thread... no need to "headhunt" Rosen on any thread you can squeeze him in ….

What if the throw wasn't slow but the receiver wasn't fast enough ...

What if Rosen read the route after coming from another decision and throws it to a spot

What if Rosen was distracted in the pocket ....

Your comment makes it sound like ineptness on Rosen while it could be he did the very best under the circumstances ... but we don't know that because you didn't say why you think Rosen was late .... sounds agenda driven IMO

That hit looked like a head to head hit and my first reaction was flag.... then the slow mo showed me it was incidental .... I get it but I thought head to head was black and white ... I'm pretty sure I've seen similar hits get flagged
Agenda driven? Him?

Back
Top Bottom