Hurricane Irma Only thread | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Was this meant as a joke? Because, moderator or not, if it was not, than this is total BS and ungrateful as hell. People are working their asses off and doing their best to help us get our lives back on track. It's unfortunate, but sometimes repairs take time because the utility workers can't be everywhere at once and when they do get there some repairs that are very involved. As Americans we take too much for granted and sometimes we are so spoiled we don't even realize how good we really have it.
I have no problem with the employees and line workers of FPL. You would be well advised to ask what I meant instead of assuming.

I think fpl has done a fantastic job getting power back up to many people within hours/days considering the large amount of outages, unsafe conditions, widespread debris, etc.

These guys were out on the streets in numbers the second the winds decreased to non-hazardous. In the same area (relatively) I was without power for 2 weeks and 5 days after Wilma, compared to 35 hours after Irma. They've also gotten the work done despite people constantly stopping them to ask for updates (I did it once too).

Nonetheless, I get the frustration. My grandmother doesn't have power and she refuses to leave her home (good for her) although we've all offered. I'm a fit grown man in my 20s and I was ready for a hotel that first night. Me and some other cousins went over there and put her fence and screen over the pool back up.....cleaned up a bit. All she asks is that if she doesn't have power by Sunday, can I please pick her up to come watch the Dolphins game, lol. I've just been taking her cold beer throughout every day. At least she's got a gas grill in the kitchen and a nice outside grill.

Be patient though. Easier said than done, as I've got power myself.....I know. But they're doing a way better job this time around. That's all we can ask for. This will not be another Wilma.

I'm concerned about the street lights as well because it seems like not a single ****ing person is down for the four way stop treatment. Accidents all over the place. Every street on every road.

We had some of our local power crews from this region (Atlantic Canada) waiting on standby in Georgia until it was safe to go in. They had power crews from all over the US and apparently Canada ready to go in. I'm impressed. But power outages are common around here, especially in winter with ice storms and stuff and I'm always impressed with power crews putting in long hours and willing to help out other regions/provinces and even other countries.

I had power all through the storm and into the next day and lost it at 4pm Monday. They said most everyone should be back up by midnight Friday. Luckily the neighborhood bar has power but my liver is taking a beating.

DJmfRfTWAAAwCww.jpg

Power back on tonight, DirecTV working, internet...... my chick didn't kill my cranky ass. Hell yeah, let's roll baby!!!!!

And finally a chance to watch football tonight and Xfinity is down until tomorrow! Awesome. Biggest piece of **** company on the planet.

It's a damn shame we have **** weather in Florida. I loved DirecTV but couldn't deal with no signal every time a cloud appears. Has the signal improved much? This makes me want to switch.....today.

And finally a chance to watch football tonight and Xfinity is down until tomorrow! Awesome. Biggest piece of **** company on the planet.

It's a damn shame we have **** weather in Florida. I loved DirecTV but couldn't deal with no signal every time a cloud appears. Has the signal improved much? This makes me want to switch.....today.

It's not just the signal. You can also stream games to computers and mobile devices.

Back
Top Bottom