Hurricane Irma Only thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricane Irma Only thread

Just gonna say that Delta has fixed their pricing problem. It was based on their algorithm that is not built to deal with emergencies like this.

The person who made that tweet contacted Delta and they came to a resolution. Honestly I think the tweet should be taken down if it was just a mistake that's been fixed.

So we booked flights to Cancun on Friday. Came to under $300 with points for 2 people and a lap infant. We will stay at a cheap hotel near the airport. We will monitor the hurricane. If it continues westward putting Cancun in its path we will just skip the flight and eat the cost. If the flight is cancelled, we just stay and ride out the storm.

I was surprised to see tickets that cheap. It's basically the only available flight out of Fort Lauderdale with reasonable prices. I guess people aren't thinking about going that direction. I know there is another storm over Mexico, but its west of Cancun and not going toward Cancun.

Just gonna say that Delta has fixed their pricing problem. It was based on their algorithm that is not built to deal with emergencies like this.

The person who made that tweet contacted Delta and they came to a resolution. Honestly I think the tweet should be taken down if it was just a mistake that's been fixed.

They need to focus on fixing their algorithm. Too big of a company to have something like that in place . . . .and the tweet should stay up until Delta can confirm that this won't happen again in a emergency situation.

Trending tweets are any company's worst nightmare in 2017. I wonder if a customer called them about it would they have been as receptive to a price adjustment.

They need to focus on fixing their algorithm. Too big of a company to have something like that in place . . . .and the tweet should stay up until Delta can confirm that this won't happen again in a emergency situation.

Trending tweets are any company's worst nightmare in 2017. I wonder if a customer called them about it would they have been as receptive to a price adjustment.

That's what happened, she called them and they fixed the problem.

^^^ can't beat the noaa site when there's a hurricane that needs tracking...straight from the horses mouth at all the update intervals

They didn't make any changes because they like to see consistency in the projections, but most if not all now have the broad shifting East.

They'll probably wait another window or two before making major changes. Don't let that scared you much.

Current cone projections from NOAA:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/120029.shtml?gm_track#contents

And their track has it going straight up into Florida.

I will say this, most of the models have it curving before FL and into the Bahamas. Out of like 20 paths, 1 was way into the Gulf, 3 were over FL and the rest curving right before FL and over the Bahamas . . . So the likely hood of the eyewall passing over us has gotten smaller, but certainly not to be dismissed

That said, we are gonna get slammed no matter what due to the overall size of the storm . . . Just how bad is still up in the air.

They need to keep the panic mode in until they know for sure. Too many times they have overdid it and it moved but just as many times they have let down and the storm wobbles and gives us a bigger impact.

Irma is not one to be coming to absolutes on. Prep like a Cat 5 is on the way until we are certain it isn't. That time is not here yet

I thought price gouging was against the law during a state of emergency.

They didn't make any changes because they like to see consistency in the projections, but most if not all now have the broad shifting East.

They'll probably wait another window or two before making major changes. Don't let that scared you much.

They did already shift it tho. At 11, the track had it climbing the west coast . . .at 5 a.m. It was tracking over the middle of the state.

The cone doesn't change much because there are still trackers that take it out in the Gulf.

Back
Top Bottom