*** Hurricane Recruiting News *** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Hurricane Recruiting News ***

Calais Campbell was a 2nd round pick....and was one of the main culprits of Coker's holdovers that quit on Shannon his first year...they tanked it at the end of the season....resulting in embarrasing blowouts by Virginia 48-0.... Virginia Tech 44-14, etc...

Campbell never developed after his sophomore season...he regressed...

Yeah, I didn't mean to put that he was a first rounder, I just put a bunch of successful guys on there...turns out Campbell is the only one who didn't go first round out of those guys. Pretty impressive.

As for Calais - it's hard to say whether he regressed. Other teams made adjustments to him, but he didn't make adjustments back to them. I'm not sure what his deal was.

Does anybody have rivals? Can u post the article senior bowl could end Shannons search? Thanks alot.

Does anybody have rivals? Can u post the article senior bowl could end Shannons search? Thanks alot.

Don't think you can post the entire article, I think that is frowned upon. The article doesn't say much that hasn't been said already. Here is a little piece of the article:

Shannon is believed to be down to a handful of top candidates, with a strong focus on NFL assistants, but it is not believed totally out of the question that a college coach could ultimately land the job. Former San Diego State Coach Chuck Long has been on Miami's radar since the beginning but does not appear to be on track to get an offer. Former Kansas State Head Coach Ron Prince is among several other college names who have been campaigning heavily for the job, but also is not believed to be at the top of the list.

Former Cleveland Browns assistant head coach Rip Scherer came highly recommended from Rob Chudzinski and could be among the people Shannon talks to in Mobile. But Scherer is not believed to have a leg up on any other candidates at the present time. Many other NFL names have been discussed in connection with the job as a multitude of candidates who have either been coordinators or appear poised to be ready for that opportunity fit Shannon's job description.

The rest of the article pretty much says the same, nothing new. I think JCane305 gives us better insight than Rivals on alot of UM stuff. Thanks again JCane305 for all the great info!!

Don't think you can post the entire article, I think that is frowned upon. The article doesn't say much that hasn't been said already. Here is a little piece of the article:

Shannon is believed to be down to a handful of top candidates, with a strong focus on NFL assistants, but it is not believed totally out of the question that a college coach could ultimately land the job. Former San Diego State Coach Chuck Long has been on Miami's radar since the beginning but does not appear to be on track to get an offer. Former Kansas State Head Coach Ron Prince is among several other college names who have been campaigning heavily for the job, but also is not believed to be at the top of the list.

Former Cleveland Browns assistant head coach Rip Scherer came highly recommended from Rob Chudzinski and could be among the people Shannon talks to in Mobile. But Scherer is not believed to have a leg up on any other candidates at the present time. Many other NFL names have been discussed in connection with the job as a multitude of candidates who have either been coordinators or appear poised to be ready for that opportunity fit Shannon's job description.

The rest of the article pretty much says the same, nothing new. I think JCane305 gives us better insight than Rivals on alot of UM stuff. Thanks again JCane305 for all the great info!!

Thanks alot! They made it seem like it was going to be big news lol. I did think i saw though a decision will be made by Monday or Tuesday, thats good to hear.

I don't know if I provide better information than those recruiting sites and all that but I appreciate it lol. What I'm hearing is that a hire should be made next week. Actually, the hire should be announced next week. From what I've heard, Shannon has his guy and everything is being "finalized" this weekend.

My guess—and this is strickly my guess—we should know something by Wednesday or Thursday by the afternoon. That's just my guess based on my familiarity with how the Athletic Department likes to do things, etc. Again, this is only a guess. They could make the announcement on Monday or Tuesday possibly. But I am hearing that a hire should come this week. Also, I don't think Ron prince gets the job. If what I'm hearing is true, Ron Prince is the reason Bryce Brown didn't want to go to Kansas State and then, all of a sudden, Bryce Brown shows up to Kansas State on an official visit after Prince had been fired. This story makes sense for logical reasons when you put two and two together. That's my opinion. I don't think Ron Prince gets the job. I think it comes down to Chuck Long, Rip Scherer, and strong possibilities of Mark Whipple, Steve Logan, and Mike Kruczek who I believe would be a great fit but a longshot candidate.

Also, I don't have much on the Randle situation as of now. BUT, I will be speaking with Rueben's brother tonight. Miami - North Carolina. I'll see what the deal is. I've heard a lot of people saying that he was visiting Alabama this week and LSU next week but personally, I don't think that's true because Rueben's brother himself told me that he wasn't going to either of those schools for anything other than an official visit. I was also told that Randle was to be visiting in Coral Gables next week, not LSU. But then again, sh*t happens, and things change. Rivals broke the story that Randle was visiting Auburn last weekend and Rueben's brother laughed it off when I called him. So, the Alabama and LSU visits may get laughed off tonight as well lol. Let's hope. I spoke to him a few days ago and he did say that there were some things going on right now that he is unsure about but I can't get into details because of personal reasons but I'll see what I can find out and bring here tonight after the game.

And don't be surprised if we knock off the Tarheels tonight lol. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic but defensively, North Carolina doesn't have an answer for Mr. McClinton.

Rueben did visit Alabama today. Rueben is not coming to Miami next weekend. He is coming the following weekend on the 30th. Miami will be his final visit. This plays in our favor because Miami will be fresh on his mind and Randle will spend a lot of time speaking with the new Offensive Coordinator and understanding his style and philosophy.

I also said that I expect the Offensive Coordinator to be named by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll move that up to Tuesday or Wednesday. I have some more information but I don't think it's really that big of a deal. However, I've been asked not to let it loose yet but I will let it fly late Tuesday night because by then I don't think it will matter.

But I will say that Shannon has his guy. I don't know who it is, but Shannon does have his guy.

Rueben did visit Alabama today. Rueben is not coming to Miami next weekend. He is coming the following weekend on the 30th. Miami will be his final visit. This plays in our favor because Miami will be fresh on his mind and Randle will spend a lot of time speaking with the new Offensive Coordinator and understanding his style and philosophy.

I also said that I expect the Offensive Coordinator to be named by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll move that up to Tuesday or Wednesday. I have some more information but I don't think it's really that big of a deal. However, I've been asked not to let it loose yet but I will let it fly late Tuesday night because by then I don't think it will matter.

But I will say that Shannon has his guy. I don't know who it is, but Shannon does have his guy.

Do you have any idea whether Bryce or our other potential recruits will like this guy?

And don't be surprised if we knock off the Tarheels tonight lol. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic but defensively, North Carolina doesn't have an answer for Mr. McClinton.

We looked pretty good for most of that first half, but then we turned into the same team we've been the past couple of years. I used to think that Haith just wasn't a good coach, but I see them improving on certain parts of their game (dealing with the full-court press), so I'm not so sure it's about him now. Those guys just didn't handle the pressure that well. Hopefully they can build off it, and take it to the next level. I think the talent on this team is definitely sweet 16 material.

And oh yeah - that DeQuan Jones dunk....wow. I was in shock when I saw that. All of the momentum in the world UNC had at that point, and he just turned it around. Best dunk I've ever seen by a UM player for sure. I really like the talent on this team - I just wish McClinton could stay one more year when we get a real point guard.

Do you have any idea whether Bryce or our other potential recruits will like this guy?

My thoughts are this:

Bryce Brown is the prized the recruit. By having his brother, we'd have to do something AWFUL to lose him. Shannon has been on a quest to hire an NFL-type individual capable of running a pro-style offense. For a kid like Bryce Brown, he would benefit greatly from that style of offense. The pro-style offense primarily features the power I-Form and the running back is the primary focal point. That's what is driving Bryce Brown to have such a fondness of Oregon. The entire offense goes thru the running back. Bryce Brown will understand his role under the new Offensive Coordinator and I think in the end he comes without question. If Shannon was dead set on the Spread offense, whether or not Bryce Brown came or not really wouldn't matter to me personally because the offense would not be focused on the running back. Lamar Miller, Mike James, Graig Cooper, Javarris James, Lee Chambers...any of those would suffice in the Spread. But with the pro-style, Bryce Brown is a crucial, crucial piece to this class. Randy understands this and will close this deal.

He is coming the following weekend on the 30th. Miami will be his final visit.

I have some more information but I don't think it's really that big of a deal. However, I've been asked not to let it loose yet but I will let it fly late Tuesday night because by then I don't think it will matter.

Things happened today. Not really the best news. Randle will not be making an official visit. He's not coming at all at this point. I don't know what happened. I haven't spoke to Rueben's brother today but I did get a text saying that he is not coming.

The information I said I'd cut loose late Tuesday night was that Randy Shannon would be making an in-home visit to Rueben on Thursday. The in-home visit will still happen but Rueben's brother says that it won't change anything.

I really had a lot of faith that we could get this kid because of his brother, but I don't know what happened to make Rueben pull the plug early. I have an idea but it's personal family matters and I won't get into that.

Tough break.

Well that sux. I also heard DeBose canceled his visit to Mia. Sheldon Richardson a few days ago says now he will consider Mia and Missouri even tho he already committed, any news on that? Or how about Greg Ried who a couple days ago said he might visit Miami? I need sum good news, I really thought we had a chance to get a better class then Florida.

I wasn't really on the Debose or Randle bandwagon . . . I mean truth is, our strongest position on the team is WR . . . Randle/Debose would be like icing, but they weren't critical. I would take Richardson over both of them . . . Greg Reid also. Give me the OLinemen also.

Bryce is more important, we got to secure him come NSD. Him and Miller will be a great 1-2 punch during the Hurricane revolution.

I think Randle will end up at LSU.

There was a time when Rueben's brother said that he would be shocked if he ended up at LSU or Alabama. I beleive he said that when we were at the Miami - Duke game in October of last year. He was showing me a text message that he had received from Les Miles while we were tailgating asking what it was going to take for Rueben to come to LSU because Miles was becoming frustrated lol. I'm a bit surprised that this whole saga has turned this way because Saturday night, everything was fine and going how we needed it to. So between Saturday night and Sunday night, something major changed and it looks like Rueben will stay close to home. Maybe something else will change and we get back in it somehow. Remember, Shannon is still planning to make his in-home visit to the Randle family on Thursday. Unfortunately, Rueben's brother will not be there to influence him.

I don't know how legit the rumors are that Debose won't be taking anymore visits. But if you recall. Sheldon Richardson said he wasn't taking anymore visits either and he we are again expecting him to visit.

My fault on Debose. I heard from about 5 different sites that was true and I belived it, however I heard from a reliable source that he may come to Mia when Ray Ray comes. The reliable source says he feels DeBose is 50 50 between Mia and Fla. Says that Debose called the coaches a couple days ago and was saying he wasnt sure about Fla. Another source said Randle is going to LSU and its a lock.

On Rivals it says the Offensive Coordinator is coming to an end but the canes might have to replace Young on the Defensive side. Anybody know about that?

Back
Top Bottom