Hurricanes to Honor... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hurricanes to Honor...

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
The 2001 National Champion football and baseball team next Thursday night against Virginia.

The 2001 football team and the history behind the program over the past 30 years really overshadows how great the University of Miami has been in college baseball as well. That was a damn good 2001 team. It's great that they're honoring both.

Still upset the 2008 team didn't win it all. SMH

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...otball-and-baseball-national-title-teams.html

Awesome. The 2001 football team is in my opinion, the greatest college football team ever assembled. Not even a college team, but an NFL pro bowl team. So good Larry Coker was able to take them to 2 championship games, winning one, getting robbed of the other. The baseball team was pretty dominant as well. There were like 2-3 close games the entire tournament and CWS. Absolute domination. I see they're also honoring some National Champions in tennis and several other sports as well.

Yea the 2001 UM national championship team is definitely one of the 3 greatest teams of all time when it comes to college football. I tend to lean towards the 1995 Nebraska team as the most dominant but if I had to choose any team to go to battle with in college football history, it would be that 2001 Canes team, most talented team . . . and it really isn't close in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom