Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work?

Anyone just catch that segement on NFL live about Tannehill and the Dolphins?

Same ole same ole, Landry and Suh talk.

This Josina Anderson completely dismisses Drake but makes Ajayi seem like he's an all pro.

"When the Dolphins return in late July for training camp and the official start of the 2018 season, it will be with the constructed team this regime wanted. You see what they did. You see why they did it. And, again, this will be their doing or undoing."

Man if i haven't read something similar to this over the last 10 years multiple times.

This isn't the first time writers have mentioned Ross wanting Lamar Jackson. If Lamar Jackson ends up having a great year in Baltimore I don't think Ross is going to be too happy if we also don't have a great season.

I hope Ross expects big things this year; I would be tired of hearing year after year about acquiring pieces and building towards something and not getting any return. He's been hearing it for almost 10 years now.

Personally i expect a playoff win if Tannehill is healthy throughout the year.

I also think we will be better than predicted. As long as the Patriots are who they are wildcard seems the only way in and that is tough. So I’m not in the playoffs or blow the team up crowd.

Moves I’d like to see going forward:
1) Draft a true #1 WR type.
2) Draft a big and fast LB’er, like a Ray Lewis type.
3) Draft a DT.
4) Look to attract a top tier DC who fits with the current talent, coaches, and overall team philosophy.

Assuming what we have done so far works these small additions might let us challenge the Patriots.

Considering how badly we beat the Patriots last year and the team we beat them with, there is NO REASON we can't beat them two games this year. NONE! I believe we have past the tripping point of being almost pretty good. I think we should will be killing teams offensively this season and keep them from killing us defensively. Get ready for the playoffs and get ready to watch the media choke on our success during this playoff season. My prediction is the media talking heads will be saying "where did this team come from all of a sudden". The correct answer is that we have been coming for the last two years, but the medias myopic evaluations coupled with their ratings biased analysis prevented them from seeing this.

I feel pretty strongly that there's more talent coming into the building than left the building. The biggest loss, though, is also the biggest question mark. Suh demanded double teams and still produced. His salary purge enabled the team to get some other players and hopefully that will work out, but I wonder about the run defense. IMHO, the defense is build to play with a lead.

My hope is that finally the offense will be able to get some leads. I absolutely loved the Gesicki pick. I know he's had mixed reviews in early training camp, but I think he will really help the offense especially in the redzone where he's a huge mismatch problem. The offensive line should be at least a bit above NFL average. There's a lot of speed with the addition of Wilson and with players like Drake, Stills and Grant. No reason the offense shouldn't be at least a little above average.

I really think a lot will hinge on getting a fast start and winning a couple of early games.

Let me start by saying the Gesiki pick was wanted, warranted and long over due.

But what expectations are you expecting from him year 1?

I thought this draft was more about the out years, not necessarily 2018.

Considering how badly we beat the Patriots last year and the team we beat them with, there is NO REASON we can't beat them two games this year. NONE! I believe we have past the tripping point of being almost pretty good. I think we should will be killing teams offensively this season and keep them from killing us defensively. Get ready for the playoffs and get ready to watch the media choke on our success during this playoff season. My prediction is the media talking heads will be saying "where did this team come from all of a sudden". The correct answer is that we have been coming for the last two years, but the medias myopic evaluations coupled with their ratings biased analysis prevented them from seeing this.

We won't beat the Patriots when in matters. When we need a crucial win, we flounder. That has been the calling card of the team for years, unclutch. They can look good when it doesn't matter, when the game is already over or the season is already lost. We can't convert a crucial third down at the end of an important game. We can't get our defense off the field when we need just one stop to win a game that has playoff implications for us.

Let me start by saying the Gesiki pick was wanted, warranted and long over due.

But what expectations are you expecting from him year 1?

I thought this draft was more about the out years, not necessarily 2018.
Fitzpatrick and Gesicki seem like immediate impacts to me

realistically speaking you will get 5 TDs from Gesicki. I think he'll get more personally

realistically speaking you will get 5 TDs from Gesicki. I think he'll get more personally
5 is usually high for rookie TEs in general, but when you look at Landry's TDs last season, I see no reason why Gase couldnt scheme open a bigger faster receiver who can litterally go up and grab a pass 10 feet up in the air...

We won't beat the Patriots when in matters. When we need a crucial win, we flounder. That has been the calling card of the team for years, unclutch. They can look good when it doesn't matter, when the game is already over or the season is already lost. We can't convert a crucial third down at the end of an important game. We can't get our defense off the field when we need just one stop to win a game that has playoff implications for us.
Beating the pats always matters!

...IMHO, the defense is build to play with a lead.

My hope is that finally the offense will be able to get some leads.

I really think a lot will hinge on getting a fast start and winning a couple of early games.

The defenses under Coyle, Joseph, and Burke have all been described as built to play with a lead. While they've shown potential at times, they've been mostly ineffective when it matters. IMO this philosophy is no good.

On offense, I think it all depends on Gase's playcalling. Throwing short (or behind the line of scrimmage) passes to Landry on 3rd and long was a drive-killer, but Gase seemed to consider it a smart call. I also feel that the OTs will be the line's weakness... IMO Tunsil and James are not worth the 1st round picks used on them.

The defenses under Coyle, Joseph, and Burke have all been described as built to play with a lead. While they've shown potential at times, they've been mostly ineffective when it matters. IMO this philosophy is no good.

On offense, I think it all depends on Gase's playcalling. Throwing short (or behind the line of scrimmage) passes to Landry on 3rd and long was a drive-killer, but Gase seemed to consider it a smart call. I also feel that the OTs will be the line's weakness... IMO Tunsil and James are not worth the 1st round picks used on them.

It's a make or break year for a couple of Miami players. Parker, Phillips and Tunsil come to mind. Tunsil disappointed last year, but maybe with a new offensive line coach and Sitton next to him at guard he can take the next step.

I predicted in another thread numbers along the lines of a Hunter Henry of 400/4. Looking at other rookie TEs, it's about the norm.

Which to me says unrealistic expectations lead to disappointment.

It's a make or break year for a couple of Miami players. Parker, Phillips and Tunsil come to mind. Tunsil disappointed last year, but maybe with a new offensive line coach and Sitton next to him at guard he can take the next step.

Your loco homie. Tunsil has 2 years left and isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I love how it's a make or break year in year 2 of a LT playing the position.

Back
Top Bottom