Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work?

You've been awfully negative lately to the point where you're taking shots at fellow fin fans... if the season is already over for you, maybe you should find something to do that excites you

I ain’t no English Major, but I is pretty sure i used the word optimism correctly without needing a definition quoted by a fellow fin fan.

And, It’s the off-season pal, this does excite me.

From last year to this year, I see a better O-line, better RBs, better LBs, better secondary and a better QB. Are Amendola and Wilson together as good as Landry talent-wise? Debatable but they are both very talented and sound like MUCH better team mates already. The D-line is the key. They will stay fresh, but it doesn't help if they suck I will take a winded Suh over a fresh scrub any day.

2019 could be a season worth being optimistic about. Still too many holes to be above avg this year. (no #1 WR, need a G, C, LB, and DT). Tunsil needs to step it up too.

Biggest problem is they brought in aging vets that won’t be around in 2-3 years when these young guys are entering their prime. And, too many unreliable guys with deep injury histories. Just a poor way to build long term and they’re just not talented enough to win now.

2019 could be a season worth being optimistic about. Still too many holes to be above avg this year. (no #1 WR, need a G, C, LB, and DT). Tunsil needs to step it up too.

Biggest problem is they brought in aging vets that won’t be around in 2-3 years when these young guys are entering their prime. And, too many unreliable guys with deep injury histories. Just a poor way to build long term and they’re just not talented enough to win now.
Yea because they are cheap or temporary answer. Can't fix everything in one year. Some people just like to bitch

Oh boy, reading these posts is painful. First thing, and it’s not going to feel good, but Fins regressed. Their talent got worse and being optimistic about this season is naive. Best thing they have going for them is an easier schedule and home games early in season at 1PM. The heat will help keep games close. That’s sad, and I like Gase and Grier, but even with a good year from Tannehill they’re at best an 8-8 club.

What was your prediction for the 2016 season? Was it accurate?

What was your prediction for the 2016 season? Was it accurate?

In 2017 Pre RT injury: 8-8. After they signed Cutler: 6-10.

2016: 10-6 and one and done. And I said then that they’re record would be better than their talent showed due to their last place finish in 2015 and easy schedule. However you wanted to look at it, they were the best of the worst teams or the worst of the best teams.

Last edited:
In 2017 Pre RT injury: 8-8. After they signed Cutler: 6-10.

2016: 10-6 and one and done. And I said then that they’re record would be better than their talent showed due to their last place finish and easy schedule in 2015. However you wanted to look at it, they were the best of the worst teams or the worst of the best teams.

LOL so you have been dead on with your predictions since Gase was hired?? Did you post it on FH in the prediction thread? If so, can you link it?

Also, why did you think Tannehill was only worth just 2 more wins pre-injury? QB play influenced more than 2 losses last year.

LOL so you have been dead on with your predictions since Gase was hired?? Did you post it on FH in the prediction thread? If so, can you link it?

Also, why did you think Tannehill was only worth just 2 more wins pre-injury? QB play influenced more than 2 losses last year.

I really haven’t explored this site too much. I signed on back in 2015 and then lost interest. I just started posting again. I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ll try to check it out.

They had a tougher schedule last year. Most fans don’t give that it’s proper due. They still had holes, some elite talent but also below avg to avg starters riddled through both sides. Depth is really bad. So I didn’t think they had the talent then and I think it’s even worse now. The proven elite talent is gone. The unproven “elite” talent are too young yet. Gonna be a rough year.

Last edited:
I actually predicted the Eagles to win the Superbowl but what was crazy is I also predicted that Wentz would go down and Foles would win it all. probably just because I'm so much more knowledgeable than the average fanatic..

I actually predicted the Eagles to win the Superbowl but what was crazy is I also predicted that Wentz would go down and Foles would win it all. probably just because I'm so much more knowledgeable than the average fanatic..

Zing

I really haven’t explored this site too much. I signed on back in 2015 and then lost interest. I just started posting again. I didn’t know that was a thing. I’ll try to check it out.

They had a tougher schedule last year. Most fans don’t give that it’s proper due. They still had holes, some elite talent but also below avg to avg starters riddled through both sides. Depth is really bad. So I didn’t think they had the talent then and I think it’s even worse now. The proven elite talent is gone. The unproven “elite” talent are too young yet. Gonna be a rough year.

I just don't believe you made those dead on predictions for both years. Especially the 2016 year. Your logic conveniently fits the hindsight heavy opinions on why the team performed below average.

Let me guess......Landry.

Please don't add Pouncey to that. Suh was the only "elite" talent we lost.

Back
Top Bottom