Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde: Dolphins Did All They Wanted This Offseason — But Will It Work?

Let me guess......Landry.

Please don't add Pouncey to that. Suh was the only "elite" talent we lost.

Pouncy was their best player on the line. Elite talent but injuries kept him from being an elite player. Suh was the other guy. Landry the best slot WR in the league. Probably sheds the low ypr label in a different system with better QB and o-line talent.

I even used the word hope to describe optimism...saying something will happen isn’t hope or confidence though. If it becomes true then you will have proved me wrong and I’d be the naive one. But at this point thinking they’re making the playoffs is just naive. (Showing a lack of experience, wisdom or judgement).

na·ive
nīˈēv/
adjective
  1. (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.

By posting this definition you in turn just proved your first post wrong.

Optimism is the correct word.

LMAO.

Pouncy was their best player on the line. Elite talent but injuries kept him from being an elite player. Suh was the other guy. Landry the best slot WR in the league. Probably sheds the low ypr label in a different system with better QB and o-line talent.
Pouncey caused many of the O-line's problems last year. Maybe the most talented but not the best lineman on the field.
The line being out of sync hurt the team all year long. Having Pouncey only practice one day a week was a mistake on Gase's part, imo.

Pouncey caused many of the O-line's problems last year. Maybe the most talented but not the best lineman on the field.
The line being out of sync hurt the team all year long. Having Pouncey only practice one day a week was a mistake on Gase's part, imo.

I think that in Pouncey's case, Gase was stuck between two lousy choices. Kind of a Sophie's choice.

I don't believe there was a good answer for how to use Pouncey last year. He was still using a cane to walk up until some time shortly before training camp. If he trained every day he would not be likely to make it through the season. If you restricted his practice time you could increase his playing time. It seems to me either choice had severe limitations. The best answer would have been to replace him, which we did to an extent towards the end of the year with our backups with an improvement in results. I didn't like the extreme nod of Pounceys before the snap. Centers on opposing teams were not nearly as obvious doing it.

I think our new center will be as effective as Pouncey was, and possibly a little better along with his ability to practice all year. We also have a reasonable backup, so this position should not be a problem this year and may be a strength.

Why would Cleveland trade Landry when they just signed him to a huge deal? Landry in Cleveland will have the same 10 yards per catch average he had with the Dolphins maybe even worse. Definitely won't get 160+ targets in 2018. Pouncey is about done he hasn't been elite in many years. Landry is good but not elite. Suh is still elite but we will see how he does with the Rams.

By posting this definition you in turn just proved your first post wrong.

Optimism is the correct word.

LMAO.
By saying this you just agreed with me. Guys here expect Miami to make the playoffs. That’s naive thinking. Hoping they’re above 500 is optimism. When you lack wisdom or judgement then you’re just naive.

Why would Cleveland trade Landry when they just signed him to a huge deal? Landry in Cleveland will have the same 10 yards per catch average he had with the Dolphins maybe even worse. Definitely won't get 160+ targets in 2018. Pouncey is about done he hasn't been elite in many years. Landry is good but not elite. Suh is still elite but we will see how he does with the Rams.

Who said anything about Clev trading Landry?

Who said anything about Clev trading Landry?

You said he is in a new system with better QB and O-line talent. That is not Cleveland where he is playing now. So for that situation to happen, Landry is going to have to be traded to a different team.

O-line certainly impacts both the run and pass game, but which side do most people think of when they say Miami has a poor o-line?

You said he is in a new system with better QB and O-line talent. That is not Cleveland where he is playing now. So for that situation to happen, Landry is going to have to be traded to a different team.

Nope, I said, he “Probably sheds the low ypr label in a different system with better QB and o-line talent“.

I was speaking in general terms. I’m cleveland they’ll go up by fewer catches. Even an 85 catch season will see a rise in ypr.

Nope, I said, he “Probably sheds the low ypr label in a different system with better QB and o-line talent“.

I was speaking in general terms. I’m cleveland they’ll go up by fewer catches. Even an 85 catch season will see a rise in ypr.

Ok but he won't be shredding that low YPR in 2018. 65 catches for around 650 yards seems likely for Landry this year. We shall see.

By saying this you just agreed with me. Guys here expect Miami to make the playoffs. That’s naive thinking. Hoping they’re above 500 is optimism. When you lack wisdom or judgement then you’re just naive.
And what is the term for when you claim to have predicted the exact outcome with regard to record over the past two years with no proof to back that up?

Ok but he won't be shredding that low YPR in 2018. 65 catches for around 650 yards seems likely for Landry this year. We shall see.

85 catches for 1,100. That’s almost 13 ypc.

And what is the term for when you claim to have predicted the exact outcome with regard to record over the past two years with no proof to back that up?

Innocent until proven guilty?

He asked, I told. I’ll leave it at that I suppose. You all can choose to believe it or not.

Back
Top Bottom