Hyde5: Dolphins 2nd best in NFL? A respected analytic site says so | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Dolphins 2nd best in NFL? A respected analytic site says so

Tailgun

Generational Poster
Reaction score
Are the Dolphins the second-best team in football?

Actually, the Advanced Football Analytics states that with its weekly team efficiency rankings. The Dolphins are behind only Denver using its numbers-crunching analysis, as you can see here. The top five teams: Denver, Miami, Indianapolis, Green Bay and Cincinnati.

The Dolphins ranked second last week, too, when I talked to Brian Burke, who began the web site in 2006 and is respected in football. He does analytical work for a few teams. Last year's top two teams by his formula: Denver and Seattle, the Super Bowl teams.

So why are the Dolphins so high?"

Really a great article. Read the rest here:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-hyde5-a-respected-analytic-site-ranks-dolphins-as-no-2-team-20141029-story.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this says more about the "numbers-crunching analysis" than it does about our team. I love our team, but c'mon man...

Were are in the tops of some pretty good statistical categories. Just need to get better in the red zone and 4th quarter.

If the passing game picks it up a little I have no doubt we can be

This is exactly who I thought we were at this point. A top 5 defense, and a middle of the pack offense. If we could just become a little more consistent on offense, we should be a playoff team.

We finally proved that we could wax a lower tier team, however, it wasn't convincing because the offense sucked.

The next challenge is two-fold:

1) Prove to the rest of the league that we can beat a team with a winning record;
2) Prove to ourselves (the team) and our home town fans that we can actually play competitively at home, and win a game at home.

ok got it. Very interesting. It completely debunks the article in another thread about how our record is deceiving due to the losing record of our opposition.

We are better than the Cowboys right now?

Sure....

Well, in my mind, the Dolphins are ALWAYS #1. Stats be damned!

I think the Cowboys are pretenders don't let their early record fool you. They do this every year and in December you see the same Ole Cowboys

If SD is ranked so low we should beat them easily.

San Diego's rush offense is 30th in the league. This bodes well for our defense as we have a pretty good pass defense. Hopefully Wake, OV and the crew can get to Rivers often.

Gates has 9 TD's so far so he must be doubled, and force their WR to beat us.

We also need to keep our defense off the field. The time of possession differential in the first half of the Jax game was horrendous.

If Tannehill improves, Philbin coaches better, the interior line gets a tune-up, and they finally get a WR/TE with some height, I'd say Oh Yeah, This team is top 5 in terms of potential to win any game no matter the opponent.

A lot of young playmakers on D that are improving that can puncture any OLine, neutralize some of the top RBs in the league, and cause fits to some of the best WR's. A very productive and versatile running game. Very serviceable pass protection on the outside. All they need is the QB to get the ball down field and to a big body in the redzone, and that could be the perfect recipe for lots of touchdowns. And if the offense is on the field more, that top 5 defense gets even more rest per game, and likely plays even better.

Back
Top Bottom