Hyde5: Here's Why A Fast Start Looks Scheduled For Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hyde5: Here's Why A Fast Start Looks Scheduled For Dolphins

As far as the first three teams, I'm only concerned with one. Ours. Mariotta this, Gruden that, but if Ryan this offense comes out swinging, much UNlike last year, we control the game with the offense we've been promised for 3 years.

TN and OAK are two potential playoff teams. If you think they can have a fast start then you really are single minded. I get it, anyone can win any given Sunday...it’s the NFL blah blah blah. But to expect it is another thing. Also left off that they play NE week 4 too. Could be 1-3 after the first quarter of the season.
I see this as well. People are already looking past these teams? Did they forget that the Jets smoked us last year in the Meadowlands or that Oakland and Tennessee have way better O's than us? If we do beat these teams, they will all be dog fights. Even if we beat the Jets, it will be close. Probably a one score game.

We always shoot blanks until about week 6, at least that's been the case for several seasons now. With all these new starters, I don't see us coming out with the guns blazing.

Not to mention Tanny has never come out on fire.

I love the first 3 games. All winnable, and we have the Miami heat on our side for 2 of the games. Oakland traveling, heat, and 1 o’clock gives them a serious disadvantage.

I love opening with Tenn. A win vs a playoff team last season would signal a change. I also love we have to play a very good TE and Mobil qb. The two biggest weaknesses of last years defebse. If we shut down Walker our draft was successful.

Definitely feel like the team needs to get off to a fast start, at least 2-1 in the first three.

The trap game for me is week 2 at the Jets. Can't afford to lay another egg in NY, like we did last year.

Miami is also a potential playoff team. You say we are single minded but you seem single minded as far as being pessimistic about everything phins related... try some optimistism.

I’ve been down the optimism road. Over the past 30 years it’s been in more years than it should have been just to be let down. I’ve grown wiser in my fanAGE. I’ve studied organizations and watched football for a long time. Not just the Dolphins. I’m a fan of the NFL and give credit when credit is due. I like TN more than OAK as a playoff team. Miami is a year away from being a playoff team. That’s as far as my optimism goes for Miami today.

Get a JUMP on teams (wow -- wouldn't THAT be ah-maze-ing) and then play AGGRESSIVE attack QB D
with varied hi IQ stunts blitzes and (new term!) amorphous coverage schemes including 3S 3CB 1LB and
4DL quasi motto D packages with Zen sack motives (QB crushed in lotus blossom position) win going a--
way............... [insert exclamation point made]

TN and OAK are two potential playoff teams. If you think they can have a fast start then you really are single minded. I get it, anyone can win any given Sunday...it’s the NFL blah blah blah. But to expect it is another thing. Also left off that they play NE week 4 too. Could be 1-3 after the first quarter of the season.

And your extreme pessimism is single minded.
Neither TN or Oakland are sure fire playoff teams and both teams have question marks just like the Phins.
People like you magnify the weaknesses of the Phins and marginalize their strengths and then turnaround and do the opposite for other teams. Neither of those 2 teams keep opposing coaches up at night.

Also left off that they play NE week 4 too. Could be 1-3 after the first quarter of the season.

“With a 2-1 or 3-0 start they could get some wind at their back and confidence inside the team. They’ll need it for the fourth game. At New England.”

Not left off, just not read by some posters.

I’ve been down the optimism road. Over the past 30 years it’s been in more years than it should have been just to be let down. I’ve grown wiser in my fanAGE. I’ve studied organizations and watched football for a long time. Not just the Dolphins. I’m a fan of the NFL and give credit when credit is due. I like TN more than OAK as a playoff team. Miami is a year away from being a playoff team. That’s as far as my optimism goes for Miami today.
Fair enough :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom