Hypothetical draft scenario/question? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical draft scenario/question?

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is extremely premature. But let’s say we get a top pick and Tua returns to Bama for his senior year, what do you do? Take Herbert or best QB available? Draft top prospect regardless of position (Chase Young or Jerry Jeudy, possibly), Build up Oline, and tank/rebuild again in 2020?

Considering there isn’t much current dolphins stuff to get excited about i can’t help but look towards the future, and play out different scenarios

I think it’s very presumptive to assume Tua is the best prospect...he plays on the most loaded team in college ball...everybody wins with that surrounding talent.

It depends on who the staff likes and if they're sold on any other QB. There's always the option to move back for more picks. Regardless of Tua there's going to be some great players at the top of the board and some teams are gonna want to move up for them. Don't take a QB just for the sake of taking one. We need to build the team up anyway. Almost any QB will struggle if they get no help at all.

This team needs a boatload of picks to even start fixing some of the problems. Even if Tua does come out, he isn't helping us right now. I'd say trade back for more picks, draft BPA, and only take a QB if you love one and he is the BPA at that point in the draft. Rosen is more than capable of throwing and handing off the football while we rebuild. Don't reach and don't invest everything for a QB next year. We've got at least 3 years to find him.

I think what Miami WOULD do is turn in the Herbert card.

I didn’t say anything about what I think they should do.

Frankly I think there’s a possibility they turn in that Herbert card regardless.

They'd draft whichever qb they like the most, probably Herbert as of now. I'd pick best qb available as well.

Herbert from Oregon is a rare talent, the guys is just amazing to watch. I think Tua maybe injury prone, to small to play and is a product of the talent surrounding him, but he is an absolute rare athlete too. then there is Jake fromm, he is the most polished and NFL ready of them all, you watch that guy go through his progressions and it's a thing of beauty. We will have our chance to get one of them after watching us last week. Rosen and any of these three would be a awesome qb contest. That being said we should also let Rosen play, he has a ton of talent that can not be ignored. If he lights it up we trade back or take the left tackle from Georgia, thomas. Just my 2 cents.

While I think there's a 0% chance that Tua returns to school, for the sake of this scenario I think trading back for either more picks this year or higher picks next year is the smart decision because then you're going into a draft where there's both Tua AND Lawrence.

Taking Herbert would essentially be setting your pick on fire. I think he's terrible.

I think it’s very presumptive to assume Tua is the best prospect...he plays on the most loaded team in college ball...everybody wins with that surrounding talent.

Can you point everyone in the direction of the quarterbacks at Clemson, Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio St., Georgia, etc. that lose?

NFL scouts are evaluating traits and projecting them to the NFL. They also want winners from winning programs.

They don’t want a bunch of Drew Locks in the 1st round if they can help it.

If Tua doesn't come out, BPA in the 1st two rounds...trot Rosen out there for either tradebait, or to see if he can get it done.

Instead of the Andrew Luck story we may be better served with the Dak Prescot story.

Can you point everyone in the direction of the quarterbacks at Clemson, Oregon, Oklahoma, Ohio St., Georgia, etc. that lose?

NFL scouts are evaluating traits and projecting them to the NFL. They also want winners from winning programs.

Name the successful NFL franchise QB’s since Namath and Stabler in the 60’s at Alabama ?

I’m not suggesting Tua won’t succeed... just suggesting the season is young and to presume he is the top prospect is premature....

I’m sure a draft guru like you would agree with that?

Who was Kyler Murray this time last year?

Also... performances against Duke and New Mexico State behind a loaded Alabama team is a bit like thinking Lamar Jackson’s perfect QBR is his norm against a joke of a Dolphin team.

If Tua doesn't come out, BPA in the 1st two rounds...trot Rosen out there for either tradebait, or to see if he can get it done.

Instead of the Andrew Luck story we may be better served with the Dak Prescot story.
So you're saying build a great O-Line that will make any middling QB look good?

I think what Miami WOULD do is turn in the Herbert card.

I didn’t say anything about what I think they should do.

Frankly I think there’s a possibility they turn in that Herbert card regardless.

If Tua declares - you put the pick in as soon as you clinch #1 pick. It’s a no brainer.
I’m not trading out under ANY circumstances.
If some reason he stays or more unlikely we win games , IDK it will depend on what we will be offered for the pick.
I could see a scenario where we trade back for a top 10, a 2020 Rd2 and another 2021 Rd 1. Especially if Tua goes back.
You may be able to grab a Fromm or Love in top 10 and have a historic # of picks in 2020 & 2021.

Back
Top Bottom