Hypothetical: Manning, Flynn and RGIII are not available... what do you do then? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetical: Manning, Flynn and RGIII are not available... what do you do then?

TrojanFin

Make It Rain!
Reaction score
With mainly the names of Manning, Flynn and RGIII being bantered about. Let's say for a moment that Peyton retires, Miami gets outbid by some other franchise like the Seahawks for Flynn, and RGIII gets snapped up by the Redskins when they trade up to the two spot in the draft. All very realistic possibilities.

Who becomes our plan D? Do you either stick with Moore and draft the BPA at QB or do you bring in another journeyman to compete with Moore for the starting job. Who would be your draft pick or FA pick up and why?

Ray Finkle.i guess we would have to try and make things work in 2012 with moore n draft a qb this year in the early rounds.not really alot to get excited about as far as fa go.we all know brees isnt leaving n.o.

With mainly the names of Manning, Flynn and RGIII being bantered about. Let's say for a moment that Peyton retires, Miami gets outbid by some other franchise like the Seahawks for Flynn, and RGIII gets snapped up by the Redskins when they trade up to the two spot in the draft. All very realistic possibilities.

Who becomes our plan D? Do you either stick with Moore and draft the BPA at QB or do you bring in another journeyman to compete with Moore for the starting job. Who would be your draft pick or FA pick up and why?

clear.gif

We just can't get outbid. If the god-forsaken situation you speak of actually does happen, I'd think we would take a look at maybe trading down and going with Tannehill. That would be a terrible scenario, I think it makes too much sense for Flynn not to land in Miami.

Trade out of the first round for a 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year and go all in for Matt Barkley in 2013... I bet all of u would be pretty damn happy if we did that with LAST YEAR'S draft so we could get RG3 or Luck this year... Instead we have a center and limited options to actually improve... Sweet.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Oh, and bring in Jason Campbell cuz he's clearly better than Matt Moore.

Draft Tannehill or Weeden, both of which are better options than Pat White 2.0 anyway.

The "blow for barkely" threads would be up before we even played a game.

If Weeden was 23 you could possibly make the argument that he was a better prospect than RG3, but nobody in the objective universe thinks that Tannehill is anywhere near the player that RG3 is/will be.

Draft Tannehill or Weeden, both of which are better options than Pat White 2.0 anyway.

Weeden, you know that guy that looked just as good as Luck in their bowl. Weeden may be old, but if he gave us only 4-5 great years, with 1 or 2 championships, would anyone really complain.

Weeden, you know that guy that looked just as good as Luck in their bowl. Weeden may be old, but if he gave us only 4-5 great years, with 1 or 2 championships, would anyone really complain.

I wouldn't be upset if we got Weeden or Tannehill in the 2nd round, particularly if we trade down, but they're not good enough as prospects to pass on an elite pass rusher, linebacker or wide receiver in favor of one of those guys in round 1.

i pray we miss out on flynn because he blows. i know many people on this site think the guy is a all pro now because of one good game vs a horrible pass defense in a pressureless game, but hopefully jeff ireland and ross now better.

as for manning, i pray that hes healthy because he would make us immediate superbowl contenders. that is a big if.

if we miss out on manning, draft a qb, most realistically being weeden, and him and moore can compete in camp.

Matt Moore - Chad Henne - Chad Pennington - Jason Campbell - Kyle Orton - Ryan Tannehill - Brandon Weeden - Nick Foles - Brock Osweiler - Kirk Cousins - Case Keenum

in all seriousness though you could resign henne if you have to. moore can start too its really just pick your poison. i wouldn't really want tannehill or weeden would rather just take one of the guys like foles or something since they wont be starting and they have plenty of upside

I agree one or two games doesn't put a QB into the hall of fame, but by the same argument, how does one or two games equal that play blowing? Also, getting Manning makes us a better team, however, super bowl contenders is a little much....we still need a right side of the O-Line, a secondary, and a TE...another edge rusher and depth at LB wouldn't hurt either...

Back
Top Bottom