hypothetical number 1 pick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hypothetical number 1 pick

This is my homer brain in overdrive. I'm praying, praying that rosen shows enough this season that we don't have to draft a qb next year. And we get the number 1 pick. We could then sell it to any qb starved team that would give us a massive haul. We could have more high picks in the next 3 years than any team in history of draft.

Exactly...I just we had a competent line to let Rosen grow....At this point I’d almost sit Rosen until the line is better or adequate.

Barry Jackson reported that Ross really likes Tua and the franchise has made it a priority to land him.
Given our obvious tanking, I can only assume that is disinformation. Expect a lot of conflicting reports of who we like between now and the 2020 draft.

I don’t think there is a definitive plan. Which is probably a good thing. They are open to improving the roster whenever the opportunity presents itself. There is no need to be loyal to anyone yet.

Dismissing Rosen because we traded Tunsil seems pretty naive. Especially when Rosen showed some talent.

The last thing anyone should claim is to have an inkling of what’s coming next from this regime.

I think we have a fairly good predictor of where this is going....Think Bill Belichek and the Patriots and what they would do?

I think the biggest change in the college/NFL equation is that while both have gotten more complex, the collegiate and even high school games have gotten dramatically more sophisticated. With the internet, film study is a given at every level, and the camps can start with far more intricate stuff. By the time collegiate prospects reach their junior year in high school, most have poured over a lot of instructional videos on route concepts, blocking schemes, throwing technique, footwork, offensive systems, route progressions, etc., etc., etc.

The kids going into college are so dramatically more prepared than they were in the past it's like night and day. So, these collegiate coaches are able to run far more sophisticated offensive systems, which prepares QB's far better for the NFL than in the past.

We're in the information age, and the QB position is tasked with a remarkable amount of information mastery and processing, so nothing helps more than access to the internet for all types of information learning.

There’s a lot less full field read and progression read ask now.

A lot more half field or even primary only with the rpo etc.

Pistol implementation which admittedly you can do a ton of things out of.

A lot more box counts deciding where the ball goes with built in bubbles etc.

Zone read with built in pass concepts over the lb. easy primary’s.

The better your o line is and the skill players around the qb the more likely I can come up with ways to hide my QBs weaknesses and play to their positives.

The worse my o line is/run game the more likely all my QBs weaknesses are gonna show up.

Last edited:
not so fast. the dolphins were mediocre at best. brownshitty sucking is having top 5 draft pick every single year for 10 years. that ****ty.
Semantics, small shitstain vs large one...both not good

I can see Herbert being a young big Ben. I'd take that. Get you a beast line, and some weapons with those extra picks.

Miami can be "Hot" Miami this time next yr. With trading assets galore, cap for free agents. This team is gonna look miles different in 2020.

This team needs the #1 pick and it needs tua to come out.

It will make it easy for them. We can’t allow dumb to creep in lol

If Tua doesn't come out. I hope Miami gives serious consideration to trading the #1 overall pick, if they somehow manage to get it.

Marino never got beat out by Woodley. What are you on
The point was that they both went to camp and despite Marino's immense and obvious talent, he rode the pine until the blowout against the Raiders.

The better QB didn't start, the veteran started.

We are gonna get Tua and we are still gonna have morons on here mad haha

If the Dolphins get the No. 1 or 2 pick in next year's draft, why wouldn't they trade down a couple of spots, accumulate even more picks? There should be a pretty good QB around even at 5, and they could shore up other positions.

That would seem consistent with what they've been doing, although some of the moves this offseason have puzzled me a bit.

Back
Top Bottom