Hypothetically speaking... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hypothetically speaking...

Jay or Griese is down for a few games, would you bring back Lucas as a temp ?

• Yes, betta than nothing

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No, I would rather anyone else

Votes: 16 80.0%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
please read before filling in poll and consider only backups that are available now...

just read this SKOLNICK: You can’t pin last two games on Lucas

and Lucas is right about this
"I didn't play the last two games," Lucas says. "We still could have won the division and been in the playoffs. I didn't play the last two games. So you tell me. You can blame the season on me all you want. But that's all I'm going to say about it. That's my one shot at the whole thing: I didn't play the last two games. I'll take the whole thing on my shoulders. I don't care; it doesn't bother me. But I didn't play the last two games. Period. I didn't. That's gonna sound bitter. But ... I think I am a little bitter."
though we would have won the last 2 games if he went 4-2 instead of 2-4 IMO

but here's the poll... Jay or Griese is down for a few games, would you bring back Lucas as a temp ?

I mean Lucas c/b the best QB not w/a team as of now...

I chose Lucas after reading the Sun-Sentinel this morning cause Skolnick and Lucas is right. Lucas didn't lose those games the entire team did. And ya can't blame one man for bringing the entire team down, no matter how much you or I didn't like his performances at first. Besides, he did win some(lucas) games for us at home.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
tough question... I'm not so sure I want to answer that... I'd say heck... give Sage a shot.
the point was we typically need 3 QB able to take the field, if Jay or Brian cannot play for a few games...

I've always felt bad for him. I hope he gets a shot somewhere. While I wouldn't mind him coming back as a #3 if somebody goes down.....I wonder what kind of negative firestorm his return would bring.

Sage.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
tough question... I'm not so sure I want to answer that... I'd say heck... give Sage a shot.

Sage could NOT have played worse in the first Buffalo game. That, at least, is for certain.

Message to Lucas:

Lucas, man, you go on and be bitter... because I... AM BITTER!!!... you stupid moron!

He could've sat on the freak'n ball in the first Buffalo game AND the Jets game and we'd probably have won. THAT is a fact.

Seriously, if I told you at the start of the season that Lucas would single-handedly turn the ball over SIX freak'n times in ONE game... you'd have laughed and said something like, "You'd have to "stage" that many turnovers!"

Yeah, well, sometimes I wonder.

I'd take him back with arms wide open. I do not beleive Sage can do it yet. Maybe in another year or two.

This would be a media disaster for the Phins....
I can see it:

"Fans, furious, storm front office"

"Fins throw the towel...Bring Ray Ray back"

"Bills renewed hope...Ray Lucas"

" Lucas having an affair with D.W ? "

:lol:

No, actually, you can very accurately claim one player lost a game for a team. It's very rare, in fact I'd personally never seen it happen before the Buffalo game...but he set in stone, 100%, undeniably flat out totally lost us that game by himself.

Other games like the Green Bay game he was a huge help to the opposing team..but still, he didnt singlehandedly do it.

Well really if Nate Clements had any contract incentives last year, he should have Lucas on his Christmas list.

If he were brought in to back up Sage, if Sage were to then go down, I don't think Lucas could handle the pressure, not the pressure he would feel on the same team that he had his worst playing days. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom