i actually want ricky to come back and im excited. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i actually want ricky to come back and im excited.

JonathanWood

Practice Squad
Reaction score
im actually one of those people excited to see ricky come back. what do we have to lose, when a team goes 4-12 they cant leave any stone unturned. if he is a bust then so be it, hopefully we could get something out of him in a trade and have ronnie brown as a insurance plan to step in. or he could come back hungier then ever and have a great season. if thats the case then we have two running backs in the backfield that can confuse a defense every week and give us more options. if zach, jason and sam who are the heart of the team can forgive him and his teammates can forgive him why cant everyone else. remember he quit on those guys not on you. im excited to see ricky come back. i figure we have nothing to lose.

JonathanWood said:
im actually one of those people excited to see ricky come back. what do we have to lose, when a team goes 4-12 they cant leave any stone unturned. if he is a bust then so be it, hopefully we could get something out of him in a trade and have ronnie brown as a insurance plan to step in. or he could come back hungier then ever and have a great season. if thats the case then we have two running backs in the backfield that can confuse a defense every week and give us more options. if zach, jason and sam who are the heart of the team can forgive him and his teammates can forgive him why cant everyone else. remember he quit on those guys not on you. im excited to see ricky come back. i figure we have nothing to lose.
Good for you.

I'll support ANY man who puts on a Dolphin uniform and ecspecially a guy who will help us win.....that being said I will always be skeptikal of him and I'm glad we have Brown so our eggs arent ALL in one basket.........like they were this time last year..

JonathanWood said:

duck....

DBoston80 said:
I'll support ANY man who puts on a Dolphin uniform and ecspecially a guy who will help us win.....that being said I will always be skeptikal of him and I'm glad we have Brown so our eggs arent ALL in one basket.........like they were this time last year..

great point, i totally agree

JonathanWood said:

When he quit on his team he quit on the fans, why else would every1 be pissed at him? Dont get too excited about his return he still has to survive training camp.

he might have quit but he deserves another chance. from what i have heard from guys like zach etc is that if he is willing to come back and play why not forgive him. last season is in the past forget about it. even if ricky would have stayed last year how much of a impact do you think he would have had with the o-line and passing game we had for most of the year?

Everyone thinks Ricky will be mediocore at best because he took a year off. He didn't have a severe injury. If he gets his weight back, which wont be too hard with a trainer since hes already had that muscle at one point. Also, Ricky Williams is a better pure athlete than Ronnie Brown. He is a better running back than Ronnie Brown if he conditions himself right and his mind is in the game.

I personally don't think marijuana will be problem with Ricky. Charles Oakley said 80% of the players in the NBA smoke marijuana daily, and players are out there high everynight. I'd imagine the NFL isnt much different, and around 60% of the players are occasional marijuana users. If Ricky smokes, and doesnt get caught during the season he will do fine.

That being said expect Ricky Williams to play roughy two more seasons, and dont be surprised if he turns back into his old self.

I think he will come back be a great backup and get caught and be screwed over and Ronnie Brown will be the starter regardless and have a good season.

DBoston80 said:

ANY man?

Gimme a break. You make it sound like we are lucky to have people play for us. Miami is a class organization. We have the integrity of the team to maintain. Athletes who embarass the team should not be allowed to play. You will remember a player who was recently released for getting in trouble with the law? See my point?

Ricky is a great runningback, but he did us wrong - then went on tv and joked about it and declared he had nothing to be sorry for. I think he made his bed and should have to lie in it. I love the Dolphins too much to let some idiot like that hurt our team.

pwn3dyo said:
Everyone thinks Ricky will be mediocore at best because he took a year off. He didn't have a severe injury. If he gets his weight back, which wont be too hard with a trainer since hes already had that muscle at one point. Also, Ricky Williams is a better pure athlete than Ronnie Brown. He is a better running back than Ronnie Brown if he conditions himself right and his mind is in the game.

I personally don't think marijuana will be problem with Ricky. Charles Oakley said 80% of the players in the NBA smoke marijuana daily, and players are out there high everynight. I'd imagine the NFL isnt much different, and around 60% of the players are occasional marijuana users. If Ricky smokes, and doesnt get caught during the season he will do fine.

That being said expect Ricky Williams to play roughy two more seasons, and dont be surprised if he turns back into his old self.

Good point. People are always saying RW will not be his old self because he missed an entire season. **NEWS FLASH** Boston missed the entire season last year too. But I haven't seen many, if any, posters say anything about Boston's physical condition and HE HAD A VERY SERIOUS INJURY on top of being out. Boston is just one example. Good and great players miss entire seasons quite often, but it doesn't stop them from being good/ great when they come back. These other players sometimes lose alot of muscle weight because of their injuries and have to recoup that weight for the following season. It is no different for Ricky. In fact, it's better. He didn't have an injury and he will be very fresh. The ones that say he won't do well are the ones who have simply chosen to hate him. They refuse to look at the entire picture and choose not to be open-minded and realize that he made a mistake - like everyone does - and should get a second chance. Not one person on this site is happy about what he did. But what's the big deal about him coming back. It can only help us. Ricky will not be a distraction. I beleive Saban is too good a coach to let that happen and he has said tha he has spoken with the veterans about it and those guys have said they are ok. If THOSE guys are willing to give him another shot, then we all should be. Just my opinion.

SCall13 said:
Good point. People are always saying RW will not be his old self because he missed an entire season. **NEWS FLASH** Boston missed the entire season last year too. But I haven't seen many, if any, posters say anything about Boston's physical condition and HE HAD A VERY SERIOUS INJURY on top of being out. Boston is just one example. Good and great players miss entire seasons quite often, but it doesn't stop them from being good/ great when they come back. These other players sometimes lose alot of muscle weight because of their injuries and have to recoup that weight for the following season. It is no different for Ricky. In fact, it's better. He didn't have an injury and he will be very fresh. The ones that say he won't do well are the ones who have simply chosen to hate him. They refuse to look at the entire picture and choose not to be open-minded and realize that he made a mistake - like everyone does - and should get a second chance. Not one person on this site is happy about what he did. But what's the big deal about him coming back. It can only help us. Ricky will not be a distraction. I beleive Saban is too good a coach to let that happen and he has said tha he has spoken with the veterans about it and those guys have said they are ok. If THOSE guys are willing to give him another shot, then we all should be. Just my opinion.
Very good point on Boston. I am excited to see Ricky again this season.

Back
Top Bottom