I admit i dont follow the draft real well, so if not tannehill then who? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I admit i dont follow the draft real well, so if not tannehill then who?

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seriously I give way to all of you mensa's in here. Who is the best pick do you think out there that will be the best fit for this team? Tanehill seems smart but what the hell do I know.

I'm hoping for Kuechly, the middle linebacker from Boston College. Think Zach Thomas but bigger. He's got measurables like Patrick Willis of S.F. and last year tied the NCAA record for takles in a season. Can defend the pass and blitz the QB. Great personality and a born leader. I'd honestly rather wait on QB another year (which hurts to do as Tannehill has grown on me but not at #8) so that we can pick up the centerpiece of our defense for the next 12 years.

People are kicking around Floyd from Notre Dame but I was impressed with his showings last year. I know he played with below average QB play but Randle from LSU was in a similar situation offensively and still put up much better numbers.

I'm not impressed enough with the DE possibilities to go that route although I like Ingram from South Carolina because he'd fit well into either a 4-3 or 3-4 defense and versatility is always a good thing.

I'm hoping Ireland sees he needs to win now just to see another draft and drafts a player that will make an immediate impact, which would absolutely be Kueckly IMHO.

If a guy like Fletcher Cox is still there I could see them drafting him though i am sick of DT picks early. If we don't go QB I hope we trade down with Dallas and add a few more picks.

When your drafting a franchise QB thats it. He's your man. You take him, you trade up for him, do whatever you can to get him.

I got to thinking, if the plan is to take Tannehill at #8 do we still take him at 8 if one of the premium players falls there somehow (Blackmon, Claiborne or Kalil). All three fill a need or upgrade a position. A top five player with the eight pick. But surely the franchise guy more important, so you'd pass up on any of those three to take him? I don't feel like I'd want the Dolphins to do that at 8 if one of those three (esp. Claiborne or Blackmon) are there :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom