"I almost feel like we kind of became a team out there today." | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I almost feel like we kind of became a team out there today."

I think you can attribute the the only 10 points to our Running game, lack of run blocking, and our once great kicker, not to mention all the bonehead penalties, before you can put the offensive struggle on Harrington. Sure the INTs hurt, but what do you expect to happen when a defense realizes you can't run the ball. They're going to sit back and eye the QB and eventually cut a WRs route and pick one off.

DonShula84 said:
What do you expect Daunte to say? Not talking is what he should do, anything he says would just fuel controversy and be a distraction.

Even if he said "I'm disappointed we lost" that's better than since I didnt play I'm not talking. That's just a childish statement to make

KuD said:
I think you can attribute the the only 10 points to our Running game, lack of run blocking, and our once great kicker, not to mention all the bonehead penalties, before you can put the offensive struggle on Harrington. Sure the INTs hurt, but what do you expect to happen when a defense realizes you can't run the ball. They're going to sit back and eye the QB and eventually cut a WRs route and pick one off.

Yet Culpepper wasnt given that same benefit of the doubt in any of his games...

woke up and saw the espn gamecast and couldnt believe it was 13-10 going into the second half. saw joey had 20-28 for 197 yards or so and ronnie had 16 for 39. good balance, at least they were giving ronnie some touches. i swear to u when i looked back at the gamecast after the third quarter, joey was like 23-36 or so and ronnie had one touch... WTF is it with mularkey just abandoning the run? we seemed balanced from the score, and the stats. why in the hell would u just say "well its 3rd quarter time to throw out all the run plays and play my way" i dont get it. that was the turning point because after that, i didnt see anything good. thanks mike.

It's comforting to know that Nick almost has a "team" after a 1-4 start. Can you say: Super Bowl?

adamprez2003 said:
Me too. The Steelers and the Patriots games are the only ones I felt good after.

Me too. I thought our Fin's offense took a small step forward. We had some untimely miscues, and hopefully we can cut down on that and get ready for the Jets.

PhinFan0202 said:
Mularkey sucks we need to fire this Dusch and get somebody who knows what they are doing.
What are you talking about? The gameplan was fine. We actually had some offensive continuity for the first time this year! Sounds a little bias to me.

It appears that once again the gameplan became predictable in the 2nd half. Another close becoming an air out out type game. Again, I UNDERSTAND the running game wasnt strong but how can we just line up and throw all the time?

DonShula84 said:
Yet Culpepper wasnt given that same benefit of the doubt in any of his games...

Yes he was, as a matter of fact he got 3 consecutive games against poor opponents to make something happen. He did next to nothing. He was sacked repeatedly which on top of the inevitable penalties was a big part of the reason our offense couldn't move down the field. Do you think that our Oline suddenly got so much better at pass blocking against the best Dline they've played all season? Or maybe the QB has something to do with it.

I think Saban's comments after the game about the team speaks volumes about what he thinks of Joey's play with the offense.

kinglouis2005 said:
It appears that once again the gameplan became predictable in the 2nd half. Another close becoming an air out out type game. Again, I UNDERSTAND the running game wasnt strong but how can we just line up and throw all the time?

I think they called at least 20 running plays in the game. I was watching a lot of it and they weren't getting anything. 2 missed FGs, nice Booker catch negated by a penalty and Chambers slipping on one play took away a lot of points we would have had.

I thought it was a marked improvement in every phase of the game.

Be honest, beating the Pats at home is not the easiest thing to do. We need to win the HOME division games, losing on the road is acceptable. The loss to Buffalo was the HUGE problem not this one.

The season is salvagable as long as Saban stays with Harrington...

tcdrover said:
I thought it was a marked improvement in every phase of the game.

Be honest, beating the Pats at home is not the easiest thing to do. We need to win the HOME division games, losing on the road is acceptable. The loss to Buffalo was the HUGE problem not this one.

The season is salvagable as long as Saban stays with Harrington...

I think Harrington has a real chance to beat the Jets. They are not as good on D and if he gets a full week of practice in with the 1st team things could be good. Dare I say we might even score more than 17 points.

muscle979 said:
I think Harrington has a real chance to beat the Jets. They are not as good on D and if he gets a full week of practice in with the 1st team things could be good. Dare I say we might even score more than 17 points.

I think we'll beat the Jets next week, as long as Saban doesn't go back to Pepp...

:dolphins:

muscle979 said:

I live in NY and see Gangrene every week. They are one of the most overrated teams in the NFL. They have quite possibly the worst run defense in the entire NFL and the worst run offense in the entire NFL. Our secondary has been playing incrementally better every week so I dont see them scoring too much and quite frankly I'm not sure if its going to be up to Harrington next week. Ronnie Brown should finally have his bust out game. Even Mularkey will have to call more run plays than pass in this one

Back
Top Bottom