I Am Both Excited And Scared For This Board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Am Both Excited And Scared For This Board

Basically it boils down to if Gase wants to tie his coaching career to Tannehill. If he truly trusts Ryan as he says then no QB will be taken. If he doesn't and his words in the media is a farce then he needs to do whatever necessary to get the QB he trusts.

yuck, Mayfield has Manziel written all over him. Just imagine his ethics once he gets paid millions. I have a feeling a guy like Mason Rudolph or even Lauletta could turn out to be great NFL QB's. No need for a 1st round QB guy this year. But I agree James or Vea should be the pick.

Have you compared the two on field play? They are NOT the same player at all. The antics are similar, but mayfield is an infield leader. That much is true and Manziel was never like that

Well I could live with this if he fell to 11th but I certainly would not trade up. If RT were to have a great year, then it cpuld be a wasted pick. Prefer to wait until next year see how things pan out. If we finish as poorly as I and some folks predict next year we will own the first pick in the draft and choose whoever we want at QB.

On the bright side, 2 QBs is better than last year's 0 QBs.

I have widdled down who i want them to draft to 3 players that are my plan A wants.

1. Fitzpatrick- A ballhawk FS is a necessity in today's NFL he would allow us to get way more creative on defense which im pretty sure EVERYONE on this board would agree we NEED to do.
2. Tremaine Edmunds- Now part of this is based on projection but his measurables are off the charts. He is only 19 years old with a ceiling higher that almost every player in this class. His floor is also higher then Roquan Smith who i just don't see being able to stand up at the POA. I just see him getting washed out too easily for me to use the #11 pick on and if you wanna play him at the Will that's fine but i don't see the value of such a high pick.
3. Quenton Nelson- Just as close to a can't miss stud as you'll likely ever see at a position of need.
The other players and we know who they are that have been mocked to us ALL have flags that i would be concerned about and picking at #11 i want a impact starter that is as little of a project as possible.
Now these are who have a realistic chance of being available when we pick so that's who i made my list from.
NO QB'S!!!!
Unless Rosen somehow drops but i don't really see that happening. Just my $.02

I fully expect either the Cardinals or the Bill's and quite possibly the Patriots to attempt to trade up above Miami and into the top 10 to try and select a quarterback possibly Baker Mayfield. I thought Josh Jackson was going to be a strong possibility at 11 but based off his combine numbers he makes slip into the second round which at that point I think would be a huge steal. I have my doubts about Smith, because he gets washed out at the POA too much for my liking. If I had my choice it's going to come down to Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and or Tremaine Edmunds? The obvious Dark Horse here is whether or not Quenton Nelson drops to 11 then I could see him as a strong possibility. Also Miami is known to like Vita Vea. So he's also a strong possibility I don't think Miami can go wrong with any one of the choices other than Smith because of his lack of abilities at the POA.

Personally, I'm fine either way. I can see the merits of both options. Tannehill is good enough to win with so long as you build a solid team around him. So I can see wanting to build on the last two solid drafts and continue to take BPA. On the other hand, Tannehill isn't exactly one to light up the scoreboard. So I can see wanting to take Mayfield or Rosen if you believe either will put more points on the board than Tannehill can. Even if it meant trading up a bit (not too much though).

If the Phins take a QB, I don't believe there is any controversy. Either Tannehill is traded now, or he starts this year while the new QB learns and Tannehill is traded/let go next year.

When the Dolphins pick at 11, I pray all the quartbacks are gone. The worst scenario for the health of this board is Baker Mayfield falling to 11. Option A the dolphins do the RIGHT thing and pass on him for Derwin James or Vita Vea or whoever. Option B the dolphins trade down with either the Bills or Cardinals. Option C the Dolphins choose Baker and we now have a quarterback controversy cloud hanging over the entire season.

No matter what choice the Dolphins make this board will be thrust into chaos and brother will be pitted against brother.

So here is hoping those 4 QBs go in the top 10 and we can sit back and scoop up one of the top 7 players in the draft.

Barkley
Chubb
Nelson
Fitzpatrick
James
Smith
Edwords

You think THAT is bad... imagine if tannenbum completely loses his mind and picks a certain wannabe qb to appease his homie entourage and the PC crowd in the interest of "ticket sales" and currying favor with goodell.

I imagine if Mayfield falls to 11, we pick him. Since I don't see it happening, it seems irrelevant.

I want the best possible player we can get regardless of who gets mad on this board. I love this site(specially VIP) but I want what's best for our team. There's no way to please everyone on this board so I'm not worry about that.

Mayfield and maybe Rosen are the only QBs worth the 11th pick. But trolling is an art and I'm sure you'll get better with more practice .

Nothing I fear more than hearing Vita Vea's name called at 11. I'd not care about anything Dolphins related until April 2019 pretty much.

Really bro, if we take an absolute brute of a DT, making our Dline almost impenetrable. Suh was very overrated, ran himself out of the play more times than I care to mention. Relax my Dolphins brother, we are way better than the so called experts think.

Back
Top Bottom