I Am Both Excited And Scared For This Board | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Am Both Excited And Scared For This Board

Here is the most likely scenario as I see it:

1. Obvious talent falls to us ... and we take someone NOBODY expected, like Taven Bryant or something.
2. Regardless of whether we find a generational talent who becomes a 10 time Pro-Bowler and eventual HoF'er, 70% of this board will "quit" the Dolphins and we'll know this because they'll post that they are quitting ... only to resume posting around the pre-season after going through a little therapy.
3. Everyone credits all the good choices to Gase, all the bad choices to Tannenbaum, and somehow ignores that Grier has any hand in this whatsoever.
4. By the start of the pre-season the words "homer," "dumbest", and "sucks" will have been written at least 10,000 times by posters ... mostly in their numerous "quit" posts.
5. Somehow, we will survive, because deep down inside we all love the Dolphins, and despite our differences, are rooting for these draft picks to succeed.

Buffalo and the Cards are definitely wanting a QB. I pray Baler falls to us and we take advantage of Buffalo.

Here is the most likely scenario as I see it:

1. Obvious talent falls to us ... and we take someone NOBODY expected, like Taven Bryant or something.
2. Regardless of whether we find a generational talent who becomes a 10 time Pro-Bowler and eventual HoF'er, 70% of this board will "quit" the Dolphins and we'll know this because they'll post that they are quitting ... only to resume posting around the pre-season after going through a little therapy.
3. Everyone credits all the good choices to Gase, all the bad choices to Tannenbaum, and somehow ignores that Grier has any hand in this whatsoever.
4. By the start of the pre-season the words "homer," "dumbest", and "sucks" will have been written at least 10,000 times by posters ... mostly in their numerous "quit" posts.
5. Somehow, we will survive, because deep down inside we all love the Dolphins, and despite our differences, are rooting for these draft picks to succeed.

Can't argue with anything here.

I look forward to the pandemonium...

We are going to go nowhere as a team until we get elite play at the QB position, whether that's through Tannehill upping his game or by drafting a guy who can come close to matching the Brady's, Brees's and Rodgers. If a player falls to us in that position that Gase and the FO think can be the man we should absolutely not pass up on him, they will be hitching their jobs to the train got to trust and hope they know what they are doing.

We are going to go nowhere as a team until we get elite play at the QB position, whether that's through Tannehill upping his game or by drafting a guy who can come close to matching the Brady's, Brees's and Rodgers. If a player falls to us in that position that Gase and the FO think can be the man we should absolutely not pass up on him, they will be hitching their jobs to the train got to trust and hope they know what they are doing.

That's the bottom line. Very few teams can afford to pass on a Watson to select a Fournette. And we are one of those teams that cannot afford it.
But, also, it is important to have staff that is committed to QB development and excellence. Otherwise, they will ruin a QB prospect with their herky jerky instability. That's why I'm okay with not selecting a QB, and if they do select one I will be worried for that young man.

Baker would restart my heart and give me a weak pulse. Not happening though.

I don't get the vita vea hate? He's a mountain of a dude that would demand double teams and shut down the run. fits with our pass rushing ends, all three of them.

Drafting a qb that high with RT17 already on the roster is the fools move unless you trade him for another first round pick.

You don't think JJ makes it into the 4th.
Harrison Phillips in the 4th would be real descent.

That NC State defensive line was like watching the Tarkanian UNLV basketball squad...Fun.

I think it's wishful thinking that either of the "Red Helmet Gangstas" (Voch Lombardi) slips to the fourth. They blew up the senior bowl.

Vea is not Haloti Ngata. Vea has no pop.

God I hope we land Justin Jones in the third.

I love Deadrin Senat and Tim Settle is a nice prospect in that range as well.

I'm good with Phillips and Godchaux starting at DT in 2018. We just need a rookie to come in and push Phillips, while providing quality depth along with Taylor and Hayes in spurts. I think Godchaux will steadily develop into a quality starter.

Point being.... Getting the top notch talent is more imparative at LB or S. We need a guy to build the defense around; an alpha dog. That's Derwin James. Roquan Smith. Tremaine Edmunds. Vea is not a bad prospect but he's more of a "piece" so to speak.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom