I am certain that Ricky Williams WILL be back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am certain that Ricky Williams WILL be back

what else is there to talk about other than the repeated topics about who we should draft

Amen to that brotha.... I'd rather talk about ricky possibly coming back then some rumor that got started on some other team message board that we're trading our 2nd rounder for blah blah blah or something esle from right field.

I think Saban more or less knows Ricky's opinion and you'll see it affect our draft day picks and trades.

Jaj said:
I think Saban more or less knows Ricky's opinion and you'll see it affect our draft day picks and trades.

Yeah he won't draft a RB since Ricky is coming back. Since we all know how much Ricky loves football now. :roflmao: :roflmao:

He will not change his draft just because Ricky is coming back. Since nobody knows if he would even stay. That would be foolish to think of not drafting a RB since Ricky might be coming back. Then Ricky leaves again and we are in the same mess at RB.

Face it people, he is not coming back.

I think he will come back. Saban has nothing aganist Ricky. Ricky didn't quit his football team, he quit Wannstedts football team. Let's face it Ricky is better than any HB we can draft, he's a beast. I also think saban doesn't want to reveal anything, so people have no clue what we will get on draft day. I say its highly probable ricky will come back.

I do agree, people have no clue. The guy has no love for the game anymore. He is not even in football shape.

And once again, He Has No Love For The Game Anymore! He barely had it to begin with.

stop with the weight bull crap.He is a pro football player.

kingfin said:
stop with the weight bull crap.He is a pro football player.

That has had a year off from being in a physically demanding sport. He will not be the same player.

All indications (as mentioned above, plus Saban defending Ricky to the media mentioning all the good things he's done and Saban asking team Captain's if they would have nim back) are that he's coming back. The only problem I have is if he has made the decision to come back then I would expect him to be working on putting the weight back on and getting in shape. Doesn't sound like being in India indicates Ricky is working on getting back into shape. Although he can't rejoin the team until August, I'm sure he's allowed to come work out with the team.

.....and the horse he rode in on.

Firstly, I just want to say that I DID NOT support Ricky's decision to leave the Dolphins (from a fan's standpoint). I DO support Thoreau-istic way of thinking. Though he was contractually bound, he had EVERY right to leave a game for which he had no affection.

With that, I actually do not believe he lost the love for the game. In fact, in his interview with Mike Wallace, he said he was scared of everyone knowing about his marijuana use. In other words, he RAN! He did not want to stand up and face the music. He's a little boy in a man's body. I actually feel sorry for him, because I feel he is very confused.

I honestly would love to see him back in a Miami uniform, because, though he's made some bad decisions in his life, like "running" from a suspension, he really isn't a bad person. I actually turned in a paper on him. It mainly dealt with his SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), but in researching, most of his former teammates said he was kind and softspoken.

To put it into perspective:

1. He didn't murder anyone, or get accused of being an accessory (Ray Lewis)
2. He didn't plan to sell a couple of hundred thousand dollars worth of coke (Jamal Lewis)
3. He didn't get accused of beating his pregnant wife (Randy McMichael)
4. He has never had a violent outburst while in the NFL.

I could go on and on guys. YES! It sucks that he left. But he wasn't at home beating his wife or getting investigated by the FBI. The guy smoked pot at the most inopportune time, which violated league policy. That's his fault, and I feel he should serve a suspension IF he comes back. But the guy didn't murder anyone.

Get a grip people. Some of you are just mad because your hearts were broken. IT'S A GAME!

colmax said:
Firstly, I just want to say that I DID NOT support Ricky's decision to leave the Dolphins (from a fan's standpoint). I DO support Thoreau-istic way of thinking. Though he was contractually bound, he had EVERY right to leave a game for which he had no affection.

With that, I actually do not believe he lost the love for the game. In fact, in his interview with Mike Wallace, he said he was scared of everyone knowing about his marijuana use. In other words, he RAN! He did not want to stand up and face the music. He's a little boy in a man's body. I actually feel sorry for him, because I feel he is very confused.

I honestly would love to see him back in a Miami uniform, because, though he's made some bad decisions in his life, like "running" from a suspension, he really isn't a bad person. I actually turned in a paper on him. It mainly dealt with his SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), but in researching, most of his former teammates said he was kind and softspoken.

To put it into perspective:

1. He didn't murder anyone, or get accused of being an accessory (Ray Lewis)
2. He didn't plan to sell a couple of hundred thousand dollars worth of coke (Jamal Lewis)
3. He didn't get accused of beating his pregnant wife (Randy McMichael)
4. He has never had a violent outburst while in the NFL.

I could go on and on guys. YES! It sucks that he left. But he wasn't at home beating his wife or getting investigated by the FBI. The guy smoked pot at the most inopportune time, which violated league policy. That's his fault, and I feel he should serve a suspension IF he comes back. But the guy didn't murder anyone.

Get a grip people. Some of you are just mad because your hearts were broken. IT'S A GAME!

I agree with you on this one. Others in pro athletes do far worse things, he was scared and wanted to get away by running. I honestly do not believe someone who has been doing something all their life that they love for one reason or another can just say my heart isnt in it anymore, I kind of did that my senior year and I wish now I could go back and make up for it, but I cant, Ricky can. I would except him back with open arms, the man is a phenominal athlete and a rare talent, and on top of it all he will help the team!

Ricky isn't coming back....and even if he wanted to...he couldn't step on a field until October...and even at that....does anyone believe he would be close to football shape after a year of smoking pot? What good would he be for the Dolphins...what purpose would be served? Get him back to trade him...for what rolling papers? Toilet paper...sometimes you just have to accept you made a mistake and move on.

Gitrdone said:
Yeah he won't draft a RB since Ricky is coming back. Since we all know how much Ricky loves football now. :roflmao: :roflmao:

He will not change his draft just because Ricky is coming back. Since nobody knows if he would even stay. That would be foolish to think of not drafting a RB since Ricky might be coming back. Then Ricky leaves again and we are in the same mess at RB.

Face it people, he is not coming back.

I love the way the very first poster to this thread LOGICALLY laid out the reasons why Ricky would come back!

LOGICALLY!

As if Ricky, despite his obvious intelligence, has EVER made logical decisions in his life!

He'll want to come back 3 years from now when the courts finally rule and say he HAS to pay back the money and that bankruptcy is not an option.

He'll weigh about 280lbs and be fat as hell.

He'll STILL be our property. Our broken down bus. Our Nay-Train.

Please, let's talk about anything else!

Back
Top Bottom