I am certain that Ricky Williams WILL be back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am certain that Ricky Williams WILL be back

fishypete said:
does anyone believe he would be close to football shape after a year of smoking pot?

Yeah, if you believe that smoking pot somehow hinders your ability to play football, that's a laugh. Most players in the NFL smoke pot. It helps with the enormous pain and soreness (as well as getting you high of course). Most athletes smoke pot. They just use masking agents.

When I have a heavy day at the gym, I know that all I want is to lay back, eat, and smoke some herb to relax my muscles.

Ozzy said:
1. He will claim bankrupcty. Having to pay back pennies to the dollar.

That kind of coverage only covers an individual up to 1 million dollars. And now the bankruptcy laws have recently been re-written as to make it even less likely he would get that amount of protection. He is going to have to pay back a significant amount of the $ he owes the Dolphins. Even if he has moved around his past assets an arbiter will know this and those kinds of moves can only do one thing but upset an arbiter.

At some point someone will inform Ricky of this fact. I don't know if this will change his motivations, but that is his reality.

Yeah, some have said that if the Phins go after the money then Ricky will just file for bankruptcy and then be free to sign with another team. I'm assuming bankruptcy court looks at your potential earning potential. So, for instance, if I owe $20K to creditors and earn $500K/year then I won't be allowed to file. I'm sure that no arbiter or judge will allow Ricky to file for bankruptcy claiming that he doesn't intend to play football without any safeguards.

Even if he did come back he would miss four games and it would take a long time to get back in football shape. No matter what happens he is not going to help the Dolphins much this year.

I for one do not know if the team should accept Ricky Williams back into the fold. I detest him for the role he played in our demise last year, but thank god it resulted in our getting Nick Saban. I do not believe that Coach Saban will allow himself to be swayed during the draft by such an unpredictable person as Ricky. I think we should go into the draft without him on our radar screen and don't try to predict the future with him. If after July, he wants to come back and the TEAM, not us welcomes him back. So be it. I am constantly wavering back and forth on this issue.

JTaylor99 said:
Yeah, but he's not in football shape. He lost like 30 lbs. of muscule.

Which ne has months to get back. if he has already started training then he will be huge next year!
Jamal lewis will be the same. he is in prison and has nothing to do but lift weights

i beleive ricky left football because he was tired of davey boy, just calling running plays up the middle all the time getting him killed,he carried the ball over 400 times in the 2 years he was with the dolphins, they knew how fragile he is , they put to much pressure on him, the weed just made it worst, people forget the heated argument dave and ricky had on the phone when he told him he was done, plus all the in-fighting with the coaching staff, mark tresman should of been the off. cordinator, his play calling took the raiders to the bowl, i believe ricky will be back, in a limited role, we have to get something from him in return, we gave up picks for this kid

colmax said:
Firstly, I just want to say that I DID NOT support Ricky's decision to leave the Dolphins (from a fan's standpoint). I DO support Thoreau-istic way of thinking. Though he was contractually bound, he had EVERY right to leave a game for which he had no affection.

With that, I actually do not believe he lost the love for the game. In fact, in his interview with Mike Wallace, he said he was scared of everyone knowing about his marijuana use. In other words, he RAN! He did not want to stand up and face the music. He's a little boy in a man's body. I actually feel sorry for him, because I feel he is very confused.

I honestly would love to see him back in a Miami uniform, because, though he's made some bad decisions in his life, like "running" from a suspension, he really isn't a bad person. I actually turned in a paper on him. It mainly dealt with his SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder), but in researching, most of his former teammates said he was kind and softspoken.

To put it into perspective:

1. He didn't murder anyone, or get accused of being an accessory (Ray Lewis)
2. He didn't plan to sell a couple of hundred thousand dollars worth of coke (Jamal Lewis)
3. He didn't get accused of beating his pregnant wife (Randy McMichael)
4. He has never had a violent outburst while in the NFL.

I could go on and on guys. YES! It sucks that he left. But he wasn't at home beating his wife or getting investigated by the FBI. The guy smoked pot at the most inopportune time, which violated league policy. That's his fault, and I feel he should serve a suspension IF he comes back. But the guy didn't murder anyone.

Get a grip people. Some of you are just mad because your hearts were broken. IT'S A GAME!

Wow, you wrote that whole post under the assumption that the omly reason fans are mad is because of his pot use. :lol:

I'm sure a lot of NFL players smoke the stuff, the problem most fans have was the timing in which he quit. He stood up infront of the team and claimed to put them on his back and would be a leader and then he quit. :shakeno:
Ethics.
Was it his right? Yes.
Was it right? No

He made a commitment and was paid in advance for that commitment then ran away without paying the money back. So that makes him a lair and a thief. If saban wants him back than so be it, if he plays for Miami than so be it, but everytime he fumbles, goes down a little too easy or drops a pass a lot of people will question his motives for coming back until the money he ows is paid back.

People say that he has no love for the game, well you know the ole saying "you never know what you had until its gone"?? Well maybe he realized what he had.

He is in India right now and blah blah blah, Ricky is not a fan of being infront of the media all the time. With the talk of him coming back he would be swarmed by media here. India may be a place where he can go, and return to his football shape, without being interrupted.

He's not in football shape?? He has 6 months to get back in shape. That is gaining like 5 pounds a month. Once he starts working out again he will put his weight back on fast.

I dont think that saban is going to put all his eggs in the Ricky basket but I do think he Ricky gives his word about coming back we will not use the #2 pick fro a RB. If Ricky does come back that would make our draft much more easy. Take a QB at with the #2 pick or maybe Edwards.

Wow, you wrote that whole post under the assumption that the omly reason fans are mad is because of his pot use.

I'm sure a lot of NFL players smoke the stuff, the problem most fans have was the timing in which he quit. He stood up infront of the team and claimed to put them on his back and would be a leader and then he quit.
Ethics.
Was it his right? Yes.
Was it right? No

He made a commitment and was paid in advance for that commitment then ran away without paying the money back. So that makes him a lair and a thief. If saban wants him back than so be it, if he plays for Miami than so be it, but everytime he fumbles, goes down a little too easy or drops a pass a lot of people will question his motives for coming back until the money he ows is paid back.

Actually, I was just putting it into perspective. The post was not all about pot. Sorry if your comprehension was a little off.

And FYI, his contract was heavy with incentive bonuses which he rightly earned during his time at Miami. However, there was a clause stating if he did not fulfill his contract, he'd have to pay the money back. This is his fault. Because it was contractual, the money should be paid back.

Please read the post again. You will then grasp it fully. Please think before reacting.

caneaddict said:
Yeah, if you believe that smoking pot somehow hinders your ability to play football, that's a laugh. Most players in the NFL smoke pot. It helps with the enormous pain and soreness (as well as getting you high of course). Most athletes smoke pot. They just use masking agents.

When I have a heavy day at the gym, I know that all I want is to lay back, eat, and smoke some herb to relax my muscles.

Try some easy listening music....or some ben-gay.

Gitrdone said:
Yeah he won't draft a RB since Ricky is coming back. Since we all know how much Ricky loves football now. :roflmao: :roflmao:

He will not change his draft just because Ricky is coming back. Since nobody knows if he would even stay. That would be foolish to think of not drafting a RB since Ricky might be coming back. Then Ricky leaves again and we are in the same mess at RB.

Face it people, he is not coming back.

He may not change the fact that we will draft a RB, but he may change the round in which we draft one. If Ricky were to come back and play for us we may use the first rounder on a different postition and then pick up a RB later in the draft.

colmax said:
Actually, I was just putting it into perspective. The post was not all about pot. Sorry if your comprehension was a little off.

And FYI, his contract was heavy with incentive bonuses which he rightly earned during his time at Miami. However, there was a clause stating if he did not fulfill his contract, he'd have to pay the money back. This is his fault. Because it was contractual, the money should be paid back.

Please read the post again. You will then grasp it fully. Please think before reacting.

Oh well ok, I did read your post. But lets see, if he signed the contract and didn't finish out said contract then he is in default of the contract. It doesn't matter if he earned the incentives or not. Spin it however you want so it makes you feel all warm inside pal. He didn't fullfill the contract, his motives for wanting to come back are questionable.

He is what he is, an immature man, or like you put it a boy in a mans body, but don't make excuses for him or feel sorry for him, he has the resources (friends, agent, medical professionals, money) around him to help him when he felt he needed it. You, me, Ricky can blame it on S.A.D. or pot or whatever...it doesn't make him anymore stable, reliable or believable when he says he wants to play football and that he quit smoking weed.

I've heard posters mention using an incentive laiden contract so it keeps him honest, but it won't, it didn't before, he's aloof, he does what he chooses to do without consideration. And in the middle of a playoff run in (lets say) 07 he decides he's had enough and disappears.Hmmm poor poor Ricky,,,,,,,,,,

he's confused, a little boy in a mans body.
All he did was smoke some pot....
he has S.A.D.
He didn't kill anyone or sell drugs..... :shakeno:

Lets just keep giving him every opportunity to keep screwing people over.

If he signs a 3 year deal and at the end of that deal he says he's going to retire and give the organization an opportunity to draft or replace him then fine and dandy. It's sure a hell of a lot better than how he handled it last time.

Back
Top Bottom