I am confused about if we met with Ty Law yet. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am confused about if we met with Ty Law yet.

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I was under the impression that we were going to meet with him next wed, but then I read an article this morning that we met with him 2 days ago..which was is it?. Not that it is so important..but it is confusing. :confused:

The only thing I can think of is that he met unofficially with them because he lives minutes away from the Dolphins training facility.

Maybe the official meeting will be later?

This guy's going to want too much money; he's got the Posten robber brothers for agents.

Agua said:
This guy's going to want too much money; he's got the Posten robber brothers for agents.

We do have the cap room now but it looks unlikely due to his agents

He said that living in Florida would not be a factor in his decision.There goes our ace in the hole.

CrunchTime said:
We do have the cap room now but it looks unlikely due to his agents

He said that living in Florida would not be a factor in his decision.There goes our ace in the hole.
all that means is that he wants to play for kansas city. he's probly gonna have to sign a 1 year contract pretty much. if he's going to sign that 1 year contract, he will select a team with superbowl potential.

not necessarily kc, but maybe nyj or colts.

NYPhinFan said:
I was under the impression that we were going to meet with him next wed, but then I read an article this morning that we met with him 2 days ago..which was is it?. Not that it is so important..but it is confusing. :confused:
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. The Herald said that we met with him on Wednesday (a couple days ago) and the Sun-Sentinel says that we will meet with him next Wednesday. So, I was thinking that it must be a Wednesday and the two papers are confused on which one it is/was. I'm more out to believe the Herald in that we already met with him since they did say that they talked with his agent about the visit. Hmmm ...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11634796.htm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay13,0,5482451.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...ammeetswithexpatscorner&prov=knight&type=lgns

Kevin Poston said the injury wouldn't have an impact on their negotiating strategy.

"We're still talking about a Pro Bowl cornerback, one of the premier players at his position who has played at a high level for a long time and has played well in important situations, the playoffs, the Super Bowl," Poston said. "He is who he is."

We met with him on Wednesday. and it sounds like Carl Poston what big money for Law. I would still like to sign him if we could.

I think Law would be a great addition ( a prototypical Saban corner) but the fact that he is represented by the Poston brothers really hurts our chances. The injury he suffered should have a big impact on the contract he signs, but those Poston boys are notorious for landing excessively large contracts-see winslow, woodson etc.

I think there will be a team that will offer a ridiculous salary (not us) and that Ty will go to the highest bidder. Forget this nonsense of playing for a SB quality team. If that were the case, he would re-sign with the Pats at a reduced price.

thats right, hes not just going to sign with a sb contender only,, hes looking to get paid.....

thats why it looks like det is that team that will pay him

Back
Top Bottom