I am not sure if it is the ticket price... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am not sure if it is the ticket price...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
being spoiled (which I don't understand why lately), or just a strong dose of instant gratification that has to be met, but if what I have read on this board is any indication, then there may be more pressure on a team to win than I realized. I will say this. I don't blame fans for booing, but some of the comments on this board regarding the game and specific players has me more concerned about the fans than the team.
Then I take a deep breath and realize the fans will be illogical, emotional, reactive, and will have short term memories when a win happens.
I was ticked about the way Miami played and it will go down as one of the worse team performances I have seen in the 30 years I have been a Dolphin fan. But then I get a grasp on reality and go on with my day because somehow I place everything in perspective. I do hope this team adversity is a jump start. It could be what the doctor ordered.

Lee2000

It's none of the above: it's 20+ years of high expectations dashed EVERY SINGLE SEASON by a bunch of overpaid, underachieving, poorly coached crybabies.

I won't say all of them are overpaid or underachieving...

Rick 1966 said:
It's none of the above: it's 20+ years of high expectations dashed EVERY SINGLE SEASON by a bunch of overpaid, underachieving, poorly coached crybabies.
but I can relate to the expectations, only to see them get dampened by poor performance. It was poor defense to no running game during Marino's time to poor coaching to the strength of the team during Jimmy's time to just poor coaching under Wanny. Lots of disappointment over the 30 years I have followed them, starting with Stabler's pass to the corner that was taken out of our linebackers hand for a touchdown that sent Miami packing in the playoffs. That was my first great dissappointment.

But not all of them have been underachieving or over paid.

Lee2000

Back
Top Bottom