I am not too excited about the big 3 RB's in this draft...are you? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am not too excited about the big 3 RB's in this draft...are you?

We want RONNIE BROWN. :) (we, as in me and my dog). :lol:

AirChambers84 said:
You must be in favor of taking an Auburn RB then !!!!!!!!

I am in favor of taking one of the big three. We need a stud for our RB not just a solid pro, IMO. Also, I can not for the life of me see why anyone says that Mike Williams and Edwards are better prospects than the 3 RB's. To me they are all about even prospects, and with that RB is a much higher need than WR.

Section126 said:
Ok...maybe "Suck" is a little harsh....but let me say that Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson don't have me getting visions of 1500 yard rushers in my head......

Ronnie Brown: Looks like a straight ahead runner without much quickness to elude tacklers......Curtis Enis anyone?

Cadillac Williams: Elusive, but his Yards after Contact were non existant....not the greatest stat to have.

Cedric Benson: His performances in big games is a concern.....200 yards against Baylor...then 92 against Oklahoma?......Not good.....He also carried the ball a little too much in college for my taste.

If you put a gun to my head...I would say that Ronnie Brown is the best of the three....He has the most tools......

The only sure thing in this draft?...I would say Braylon Edwards....Aren't you like forced to HIT Big with the 2nd overall pick?

Dude you honestly never watched an Auburn game, because you aren't even close on your analysis of Ronnie & Carnell.

Ok, say we get Braylon Edwards, I don't have a problem with that. So do we draft a later round running back like Frank Gore or J.J. Arrington?

kingnate85 said:
Ok, say we get Braylon Edwards, I don't have a problem with that. So do we draft a later round running back like Frank Gore or J.J. Arrington?

If we go that route, im really hoping we pick up Marion Barber III in the 3rd. He's the most underrated back in the draft IMO. I actually prefer this scenario over picking up any of the big 3 with the #2.

Give me williams with our 1st round pick plz. Best player in the draft IMO.

JHWAUEX said:
Dude you honestly never watched an Auburn game, because you aren't even close on your analysis of Ronnie & Carnell.

Actually...I saw every single Auburn Game.

How can anyone knock Benson for Mileage. The guy played 4 years of ball, who does that in this day and age. He could have come out and been a top 10 pick, ala Roy Williams the year before, from Texas as well. Benson is the same style runner as Ricky. And for anyone to say otherwise, is wrong. He might not be a clone, but he's pretty damn close. 92 yards against Oklahoma, and you say he shut down in big games? Football is a team sport, and I think if you put the doesn't show up sign on anyone, it would be a QB, not a runningback. Mileage? doesn't Benson have more Yards After Contact then anyone in this draft?, so does that mean when he is running the open field, his career is becoming shorter and shorter? And when you went to games in 2002, 2003, who did you look forward to seeing, Ricky Williams. Why, because the guy was huge, punishing, and hit the hole, and could out run DB's. Benson has many of the same tools to him, maybe not the same vision, but still, very close. Forget 40 times, when you are in a game, with all the adrenaline, you have the ball, and running away from someone, you get an extra burst. Benson is the best back in the draft, and that is why he would be my pick. I miss watching Ricky, Benson is the next best thing.

Phinsdude said:
How can anyone knock Benson for Mileage. The guy played 4 years of ball, who does that in this day and age. He could have come out and been a top 10 pick, ala Roy Williams the year before, from Texas as well. Benson is the same style runner as Ricky. And for anyone to say otherwise, is wrong. He might not be a clone, but he's pretty damn close. 92 yards against Oklahoma, and you say he shut down in big games? Football is a team sport, and I think if you put the doesn't show up sign on anyone, it would be a QB, not a runningback. Mileage? doesn't Benson have more Yards After Contact then anyone in this draft?, so does that mean when he is running the open field, his career is becoming shorter and shorter? And when you went to games in 2002, 2003, who did you look forward to seeing, Ricky Williams. Why, because the guy was huge, punishing, and hit the hole, and could out run DB's. Benson has many of the same tools to him, maybe not the same vision, but still, very close. Forget 40 times, when you are in a game, with all the adrenaline, you have the ball, and running away from someone, you get an extra burst. Benson is the best back in the draft, and that is why he would be my pick. I miss watching Ricky, Benson is the next best thing.

I do agree forget 40's they are overated, unless a player runs a 4.3, which is superior to most. You are right when you are playing it is completely different. When I played ball, when we would run the 40, sometimes we would have someone start a few yards behind you(faster than you) or a few yards ahead of you, so you would either have to out run them or catch them, and in my opinion it really helps. WHen you have someoen chasing you from behind in a game it is completely different than running on a track with no pads, no players, and in a straight line. I for one like Caddy the best, but would not be sad if we got Benson or Brown. but I agree Benson is a very good player and will be in the pro's.

Section126 said:
Actually...I saw every single Auburn Game.

Well you didn't watch closely I guess. ;)

I'm not going to sit here and promise you that they will be instant NFL All-stars, although I do feel they will both have excellent careers.

I will say that Cadillac gets most of his yards after contact and is deceptively tough to take down. I remember a few plays last year where he broke more than 4 tackles on a single run.

Also Ronnie has a great studder step and spin move. He isn't a "Curtis Enis" to compare him to that is a bit of a stretch.

Benson had a lot of carries, but I don't see how that can be a knock on him since he has stayed healthy throughout his College Career.

JHWAUEX said:
Which one?

Mike WIlliams

He already is fourth on USC's career receptions list (176) and has 12 100-yard receiving games in his young career. His 176 career catches is tied for 12th on the Pac-10 list and his 2,579 career receiving yards is 16th on the Pac-10 chart (fifth on the USC ladder). He has 30 touchdown catches in his 26-game career, having eclipsed the USC career TD reception record 3 games before the end of his sophomore season (the Pac-10 career TD reception mark is 32 by Stanford's Ken Margerum in 1977-80). His 30 career TDs are the most by any Trojan sophomore ever at any position. He has had multiple TD games 9 times, including 3 times getting a USC game record-tying 3 TDs. He is averaging a touchdown every 6.1 times he touches the ball (30 TDs on 184 touches, including his 5 rushes and 3 pass attempts). He is the only Trojan with 2 seasons of 80-plus catches. He is the third Trojan (with Keyshawn Johnson and Keary Colbert) to have a pair of 1,000-yard receiving seasons.

Back
Top Bottom