I am really excited about our offensive line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am really excited about our offensive line

NYRicky34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When that whole starting five (Dixon, Nails, Ruddy, Perry, Wade) was out there together last year, our offensive line was rock solid, no question about that. Upper echelon of the league? Maybe; but hard to tell because Ricky and an athletic QB obviously made them look better, but it's hard to judge how much. Anyway, now look at things.

Dixon has had a whole offseason at LT, and he'll have a full camp there. It's his 2nd year playing there in the pros, he will only be better. Nails is keeping himself in good shape, he'll be ready before camp even starts and it's pretty cool when you can be excited about a guard. He's that kind of player. Rud's back. Ditto for Perry. Wade too. Now McKinney got a couple starts and held his own; he's got some experience, some confidence, he'll be out there. Smith and Whitley look to have great futures and they'll provide depth right away. Jerman got a good look last year, and they like him. This line is shaping up to look very, very solid. I don't care what anyone says about backup LT, i think by midseason, I will have a lot of confidence in Smith to come right in and do a very good job at that spot if needed.

I agree with you assessment..I think we will have an excellent line if they stay healthy..and I don't worry about the bu too much, since they get to practice against one of the best Dlines in the league, therefore preparing them even faster.

I think if your RB gets 1800 yards then your O-line is damn good

Good point Buffalo. Maybe we will have two decent Bill posters on this site :D

Um, Zonk, I with a comment like that, I think you might be the one holding on to it for a little too long :rolleyes:

yeah i agree nyricky .some think its a disaster not picking up a lt, i for one like what we have now .plus we are getting younger last yr with seth and i like the reports on whitley and smith could be very good prospects for us.

I thought our O-Line worked well as a UNIT...The key to success is obviously staying healthy to be able to develop chemistry and 'gell' similarly to last season...

Back
Top Bottom